• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spud not a good host. Lions bury Falcons.

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
On 9/26/2023 at 1:51 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

The OLine is garbage. Not sure what Ridder is. Smith's play calling is :er:

Ridder should have been taking his lumps last season to prepare him for this season if the plan was to give him the starting job.

Just repeating what I said last week, still applies. :blanky:

And they didnt play but a half in preseason :blanky:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Pitiful!  Offensive line.  Defensive line.  Falcons spent a lot of money and what do we have?  Can't contain the opponents QB and can't protect their own QB.  

Pitiful!  The Atlanta Pitiful Falcons.  Atlanta Falcons?  No!  Atlanta's Dirty Birds?  No!  Atlanta's Pitiful?  Bingo!!

🥲

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I doubt that but who knows.  I have faith in Smith as a coach.  Not so much faith in Ridder.  

But Smith seems to have faith in Ridder. I'm not trusting Smith right now. His offensive play calling is anemic.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But Smith seems to have faith in Ridder. I'm not trusting Smith right now. His offensive play calling is anemic.

I just feel like we're a running a team but after the first couple games the league saw that Ridder can't throw well for more than 10 yard completions.  So that has killed our running game and led to more INTs. 

I think he only has faith because it's too early to bail on the kid.  You start pulling him from games then he has very little chance of turning it around.  Now there's some chance i guess but it's hard to see him as a #1 QB in this league.  I think i'm ready for Heinicke though.  

Man the talent we have Bijan, Algiers, London, Pitts.  Just going to waste right now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Man the talent we have Bijan, Algiers, London, Pitts.  Just going to waste right now. 

Ya you are ready to roll. A young QB could take time. Anyone in FA next year? They are stacking against Bijan it’s gonna get harder to run.

• 2 weeks later...

Head coach is #1 offensive coach for the Falcons.  Too many bad play calls being made.  Can't get play calls in on time is on him too!  Draft picks are offence players.  

Being stubborn doesn't work when opponent can successfully guess what's coming next.  

:ahf:

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You still do?

He isn't helping his young QB by sending in late plays. SMH!

I have no idea what happened there.  That was crazy.  It's sad that fans like me realize it before the players/coaches though.   I'm screaming 'get to the line'.  

But i do still have faith.  Every coach has issues.  Mike Smith was a good coach but made horrible decisions at end of games.  Quin had game plans but no imagination.  I think Arthur knows how to win in this league but needs to cut out bone headed mistakes.  Of all the flaws that's the easiest to remedy.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think Arthur knows how to win in this league but needs to cut out bone headed mistakes.  Of all the flaws that's the easiest to remedy.  

Sometimes it seems like he's trying to be the smartest guy in the room.

Some of his play calls are just too predictable though.

• Like 1