• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spud not a good host. Lions bury Falcons.

Gray Mule

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sometimes it seems like he's trying to be the smartest guy in the room.

Some of his play calls are just too predictable though.

But is there a coach for the Falcons that we haven't said that about?   That's always my complaint.  I think the reason we're precictable is Ridder is still not quite there so they over defend the run and short routes because he's not getting the ball downfield easily.  

I look at last year.  I know everyone hates Mariota but his threat to run was so good that it opened up a lot of options even though his passing was equally suspect.  

I don't know.  Maybe i'm just optimistic.  I hated Quinn.

But yeah Arthur's personality is kind of gross. You'd think being a silver spoon billionaire would make you want to act more humble.  Seems to be the opposite for him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I still don't understand why they didn;t just play him more last season as well as the preseason - he so needed more reps if they think he was the future at QB from this season.

He told The Athletic he is decidedly in the middle on whether Ridder can make it as a starting quarterback. The player’s physical tools and attitude provide hope for the future. But the mental mistakes, while understandable at this stage, need to be “cleaned up,” he said — and soon, if the Falcons are going to get a read on him moving forward.

The next six game weeks are crucial for determining Ridder’s future, Ryan said. Hey, no pressure.

“What you’re going to see in October and November will give you one full season to evaluate where he’s at,” said Ryan, noting Ridder has 10 career starts. “The areas you’re looking for growth are situational play, things like what happened at the end of the game last week when they had the third-and-2, then he threw the interception on the third-and-7 after the delay of game. The clock was running down again. Growth there would be knowing if the play gets in late that burning a timeout is OK. If I put my GM cap on, I would say the next six weeks are important. Because with the Falcons, the decision (on Ridder’s future) hasn’t been made, yet.”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Spud:  This Lion team continues to impress.  

🙂🙂

Yes gramps! I’m on cloud ☁️ 9, I’ve never seen this not even in 93… I mean we had Barry and Herman Moore, Chris Spielman and others but this team was built right. I’m quite impressed I hope we can keep it up.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Falcons are dead in the water.  Knowing that it's going to be impossible for the Falcons to go anywhere this season, I'm joining Spud for the post season.  

GO LIONS !!

😍

I"m jumping on the wagon too.  I can't watch anymore of whatever it is the Falcons are playing. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Falcons are dead in the water.  Knowing that it's going to be impossible for the Falcons to go anywhere this season, I'm joining Spud for the post season.  

GO LIONS !!

😍

13 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I"m jumping on the wagon too.  I can't watch anymore of whatever it is the Falcons are playing. 

I'm in.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Lions looking good!  Spud, up in the air, floating!

Just two more to go!!

:smug:

Thanks gramps, it’s like a dream 😴 to me. This is a magical 🏈 season for me. Hope we keep it rollin! 🥳 

We had the best season I’ve ever saw as a fan. We had it until the 2nd half when we lost it all. You never know when you will be back. I hope we can get back we’ve got some players and a hell of a GM and coach.

Proud of the organization. 

GO LIONS 🦁!!!

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

We had the best season I’ve ever saw as a fan. We had it until the 2nd half when we lost it all. You never know when you will be back. I hope we can get back we’ve got some players and a hell of a GM and coach.

Proud of the organization. 

GO LIONS 🦁!!!

Great season.  Disappointing end but hopefully good years ahead.

• Like 3