• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

Yep.  I’m wrong.  NBA teams are salivating at the opportunity to take Edey and go back to the throw it into the post style of offense.  He’s single handily going to change the way the NBA plays basketball.  Surely he’s going #1 overall since he’s such a game changing force.  

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You are as wrong here as you were about Bagley and Jackson, and I’m as right about this as I was those two.  

Ah man, that's a low blow, kb.  If you would've brought up Obi Toppin, I would've thrown the towel.

Kidding, hotSupes.  🙃

But seriously, yall arent gonna change each other's minds.  Just make the bet and wait 'n see.  Keep going at this rate and we gonna be watching yall on the Mike Tyson v Logan Paul(?) undercard. 

I'm pattin myself on the back for keeping with the boxing imagery.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  I’m wrong.  NBA teams are salivating at the opportunity to take Edey and go back to the throw it into the post style of offense.  He’s single handily going to change the way the NBA plays basketball.  Surely he’s going #1 overall since he’s such a game changing force.  

Many within the 2nd tier and some in the 1st tier are. 

He's polarizing. You got people who see him like you do and you got people who see him like I do. It's not down the middle either. Its boom or 10-15mpg big off the bench. No in-between. That's why I don't call you names anymore. You aren't along in your feelings and scouting has a lot of feelings in it even if I think you are dead ass wrong. 

I just hope enough in the Hawks org sees him as I do and make the best decision for this franchise since we drafted Bob Pettit. If some others want to see him like you do, that's perfectly fine with me. 

His game is a lot more modern than you think even with an obvious throwback like his post up touches. 

He probably won't change the way teams draft in terms of saying we gotta find another Edey but they will change the type of defensive players they look for. Motor will be more valued as well as size. He's an anomaly like Shaq, once he's here, you may not see another one for another generation. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah man, that's a low blow, kb.  If you would've brought up Obi Toppin, I would've thrown the towel.

Kidding, hotSupes.  🙃

But seriously, yall arent gonna change each other's minds.  Just make the bet and wait 'n see.  Keep going at this rate and we gonna be watching yall on the Mike Tyson v Logan Paul(?) undercard. 

He's pissy, that's all. Whenever he starts taking shots, no matter wrong or right, he's pissy and losing the argument. 

@AHF told me to stop getting into personal gripes with KB so I'll lay back and just focus on Edey and Edey conversation period. 

Edited by NBASupes

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I have faith that the Hawks value scheme diversity and positionless basketball enough to not take this ogre.  

He gives us a lot more scheme options on offense than any big on roster by a mile. He's an elite Helper, that offer critical help to Trae at the least. 

Positionless Basketball will never be possible with Trae on the court unless we can somehow get prime Al Horford in a time machine. The center needs to be a real center as long as we have Trae. 

He's not a ogre or whatever other name you want to claim he is which he isn't 

Edited by NBASupes

Scheme diversity from a player who has no perimeter offensive ability, is not a playmaker, and who can only score in post up situations?   LOL.  Yeah.  Much like all the scheme diversity of Boban Marjanovich.  

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

Scheme diversity from a player who has no perimeter offensive ability, is not a playmaker, and who can only score in post up situations?   LOL.  Yeah.  Much like all the scheme diversity of Boban Marjanovich.  

It's amazing how [wrong] you can be when it comes to scheme versatility. If you have movement, elite movement at that. Your scheme will be massively more versatile than a team with limited movement. One of the reason Trae/Murray hasn't hit off isn't their offensive abilities because we have had more 80+ halves with them than anyone else but they go through lulls. Long lulls and teams really shut down our offense with them in the 4th as our movement is poor and we can't score an easy basket. 

Edey fixes all of that. Edey essentially unlocks our offense with Trae but especially with Trae/Murray. Edey does for us what Chet does for OKC and their scheme. Edey is the biggest singular fix we can make to become a potential contender. He solves all of our issues. We already got a short roll freak in JJ. We got studs. We just lack a competent center who fits around Trae. 

You and this Boban shit just kills your argument to me. He's nothing like Boban but the naysayers love saying Boban because they don't feel the truth is accurate.

Edey is much better than KB21 believes.

Edey is not nearly as good as Supes believes.

We have a real problem here.  Some NBA teams are in 100% agreement with KB21.  Some teams are in 100% agreement with Supes.  The longer Edey stays in the playoffs, the higher he climbs in the draft.  The more the Atlanta teams win the further from the front of the draft they settle.

Chances are looking good that we will not have to worry about drafting Edey.  Someone else will take him before our turn.

Find another player to draft, preferably a big center.

:smug:

• Like 1

Just now, Gray Mule said:

We have a real problem here.  Some NBA teams are in 100% agreement with KB21.  Some teams are in 100% agreement with Supes.  The longer Edey stays in the playoffs, the higher he climbs in the draft.  The more the Atlanta teams win the further from the front of the draft they settle.

Chances are looking good that we will not have to worry about drafting Edey.  Someone else will take him before our turn.

After Clingan and Edey. Your choices are ass for us and what we need around Trae. At that point, no one is available. We really only got two options. 

You do realize that Chet is far more athletic and has a much more diverse offensive game than Edey?   Right?  He doesn’t hamper OKC’s 5 out scheme.  He doesn’t limit them defensively.  He’s not just a drop defender who can only score in post up sets.  

32 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Why should we want a “big” center?   We should focus on skill level, athleticism and diversity in his game.  Not size.  Particularly when size is a hindrance to the skill and athleticism needed to be a modern big.  

42 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Shouldn’t a movement big be able to actually move?

Sometimes I wonder if you ever watched Edey play 

36 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You do realize that Chet is far more athletic and has a much more diverse offensive game than Edey?   Right?  He doesn’t hamper OKC’s 5 out scheme.  He doesn’t limit them defensively.  He’s not just a drop defender who can only score in post up sets.  

I didn't make a direct comp. I said, he unlocks our offense like Chet unlocks OKC

33 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Why should we want a “big” center?   We should focus on skill level, athleticism and diversity in his game.  Not size.  Particularly when size is a hindrance to the skill and athleticism needed to be a modern big.  

Lmao, this idea that he's productive because he's big is an awful one

• Moderators
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Kidding, hotSupes.  🙃

I’m legit interested to see Tyson beat the %^^## out of Paul.  (Not interested in seeing any other outcome.)

• Haha 1