• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

It feels like Edey could block every shot attempt in the paint if he wants to. Half the time he doesn't even contest, but when he does....woo boy. Block party.

And offensively, I've see enough different moves to believe he's not solely a post up player with one move. He's been impressive. 

Maybe too impressive for the Hawks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

It feels like Edey could block every shot attempt in the paint if he wants to. Half the time he doesn't even contest, but when he does....woo boy. Block party.

And offensively, I've see enough different moves to believe he's not solely a post up player with one move. He's been impressive. 

The way he's playing man. Be elite but not this damn elite. Save it for the Hawks, Zach. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I've been thinking about this. Deeper they go in the tourney, more likely a scrub team takes a chance...if nothing else to sell tickets and jerseys.

• Like 2

Just now, REHawksFan said:

I also wonder how much better he can be if he's only playing 28-30 min a game instead of 38-40 he's playing now. 

He's definitely gassed right now. 

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

This is what I've been saying. They don't even make the tourney without him. They are that small.

UCONN got better players at every position but center. Smith and Castle is close for this level Smith being a tad better and Castle being superior talent wise but the rest is obvious. Newton is better than Jones. Spencer is way better than Loyer. Kanaban is better than Gillis and Kaufman-Renn. Purdue gotta play better if they want to win. Way better because they aren't as good as UCONN 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

UCONN got better players at every position but center. Smith and Castle is close for this level Smith being a tad better and Castle being superior talent wise but the rest is obvious. Newton is better than Jones. Spencer is way better than Loyer. Kanaban is better than Gillis and Kaufman-Renn. Purdue gotta play better if they want to win. Way better because they aren't as good as UCONN 

UCONN plan is to run Edey out the building and pull away late. Seems to be their strength anyway. Will be interesting to see how Edey handles it in the 2nd half. 

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Braden Smith is such a weak ball handler bringing the ball up. He takes way too long getting Purdue into their sets. His shooting is saving him right now.

He's gotta be a lot better man. That PnR pass was so f***ing awful. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Half time show just highlighted the huge disparity in the guards.

We all knew that coming in but damn. Loyer and Jones have to be better.