• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's trade of the Day.

Diesel

• Premium Member

SAR/CC to Cleveland for Big Z, Miller, and Jumaine Jones.

Then JT/Nazr to LAC for Brand/Maggette.

At final inspection we would have:

Miller/DD

Dj/Glover/Ira

Maggette/Toni

Brand/Jones/Hendu

Theo/Big Z.

I don't like that one.Neither Brand or Miller are really first option

scorers because they really aren't aggressive enough on offense.

I really don't like this one.Maybe just one of the two trades.

wow diesel, you are the biggest homer ever. i thought it was only with nugget trades. but this one, the rockets one and the miami 3 way are amazingly bad. they go off the homer charts. pathetic.

im afraid to even read the rest. sar for shaq? jt for kg? theo for duncan?

Big Z is always hurt and I seriously doubt he'll ever be healthy. He is a max player. Miller will soon want the max. Why dump all that money into two guys (one of whom won't play much) when JT will likely be signed for less than the max and produce just as much as Miller? That doesn't even take into account that SAR is just better than any of those guys. IF LAC were dumb enough to do your 2nd deal, I'd rather keep Reef and play him at SF than make that trade.

LAC is NOT going to trade Brand for JT. It ain't gonna happen. Brand is likely a max player and JT likely is not. Nazr might have a LITTLE more value than Magette but not much, particularly when the Clippers are about to resign Olowokandi and they already have Ely and Wilcox.

First off, there's not a doubt that Cleveland would do the first.

I would worry about giving up a 20/10 player... But.... Miller is the best PG this side of Payton. IF he was to resign before the trade, I would do it.

Also, taking Big Z off their hands is somewhat relieving them of a financial burden... However have you seen their games when Big Z has been healthy? Big Z is a dominant young center. I know his foot is a problem... However, if we play him in conjuction with Theo... We don't have to put so much stress on either to be a 44 mpg C. In Wally Blaze we have one of the best trainers in the league. I think we can trust him to help rehibilitate Big Z.

Lastly, Jumaine Jones would be an up and coming PF that we would use from time to time.

Nazr/JT for Brand/Maggette...

What do you mean LAC won't do it. JT is a 20/6 pg. LAC needs a PG in a major way.

Nazr is better than Khandi man right now and is cheap for the next five years. Sterling would love to have a cheap C. As far as losing Maggette goes... He's just another swingman to them. He's very expendable. As far as losing Brand goes, that's a loss... But They got Ely, Wilcox, and Miles to play PF. Wilcox definitely has more upside than Brand. What did you think they were going to do with all these talented PFs? Sit them on the bench behind brand and let them play the role of Steve Young?

One thing that you should know about Sterling by now... He really understands Turnover and Money. He's Cheap. SO cheap that I seriously doubt that he will give Brand AND Odom Max Salary at the same time. IN fact, I think he would get rid of one of them just because. Odom already has a replacement in Miles. Miles doesn't shoot as well but he can replace Odom. Sterling hasn't found anyone who would give him value for Odom... So next is Brand. He has Ely and Wilcox to replace Brand.....

Watch one of them go.

That is no revelation. Olowokandi and Brand will likely be resigned before Odom is. Miles, Richardson and Magette are all talented young swing men who are somewhat proven. Wilcox and Ely have proven nothing. Wilcox's upsdie might be higher than Brands but I KNOW Brand is a 20/10 machine while Wilcox could be the next Pervis "Never Nervous" Ellison. Brand was a number one overall pick based on his college production. Wilcox was the #8 pick based on his size, athleticism and what he MIGHT become. If Sterling trades Brand rather than Odom, he's an idiot.

As far as the CLE trade proposal goes, you're a big hypocrite. You blasted Walter for wanting to trade a soon to be leaving anyway Deke for Marion, Big Jake and Googs saying that Googs was never going to be healthy but there is a hell of a lot better chance of Googs remaining healthy than there is of Ilgauskas remaining healthy. That doesn't even take into account the fact that SAR is better than Mutombo. Jumaine Jones is a non issue, particularly if he has to play PF. He is way undersized for that position. You think he can guard C Webb? Hell, you think he can guard Reef? of course Cleveland would do this deal. They would be stupid not to.