• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What David Aldridge says....

TheDude

Charles (Atlanta): I keep hearing our GM is clearing space to be a player in the free agent bonaza this summer. We have seen by AI, V. Carter, and McGrady, that one man doesn't mean playoffs. If you were Atlanta's GM. What two-three players would you target to go after. I think we need contoversial players to peek interest in the city. Thanks.

David Aldridge: First, I'd forget about Kobe or any other big-ticket free agent. I'd look at what Denver did and copy that. For example, I'd look at free agents like Bones Barry, or Wes Person. Maybe I'd throw some money at Jamal Crawford, even though he's restricted. And don't screw up in the draft.

• Premium Member

I'd still send some action Kobe's way. The reason is Look. FAs top tier or mid tier will be less likely to think about us if they don't think we are out to win. If we go out and try to get Kobe and some mid tier FAs, it gives the appearance that ... yes, We want to win.

Best case scenerio:

JT, Kobe, Jax, Howard, Mamadou.

Why would we go after Person? What can he do for us? I wouldn't give him more than 1 yr, 2 mil.

Barry? Yeah, I'll take him. 3 yrs, 13 mil.

Sura? 3 yrs, 9 mil.

Denver's model? They went after one of the biggest FA's available and landed him. Miller is the 3rd best point in the league right now (Kidd, Payton....ok, maybe Nash).