• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f_town

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yes, the Lakers trade did clear up space. But, the Lakers weren't as bad as the Hawks.

On the contrary... Both the Lakers and the Hawks were going nowhere.

Just like this years team started, the Lakers had talent but they were going nowhere. Vlade/Perkins without Magic/Scott made that team a perinneal get into the playoffs and lose in the first round kind of team. It's the exact same place we were in with Reef/Theo or Sheed. Even if we could have gotten it together to get to the playoffs, we would have lost in the first. West was just smart enough to figure it was time to cut some salary and go after Free Agents who could help him get over the hump...

And then after he had Shaq, winning wasn't right away. It was about 4 years off. So it goes to show that that collection of talent wasn't better than our collection of talent, if anything, that original Laker team were in the same predicament.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't know what kind of team this would have been with Sheed. You could have taken a guess, but you don't know. Because it didn't happen, but for one game. So let's not even make that comparison with Sheed.

No the Lakers weren't like the Hawks. When have the Hawks made the playoffs. Let me think. NEVER, with Theo or Reef. So they aren't the same. West was smart to cut salary. You want to know why, because Shaq made it no secret he wanted to play in LA. So, if I was the Lakers I would have cut salary too, if it was going to get me Shaq. He was very smart in getting Kobe as well.

But, the bottom line is this they were still WINNING. Yes, they may have made it to first round and got knocked out right away. But, they were still there. That shows others in the league that the team isn't that bad. Not to mention they are only going to get better. Why wouldn't I want to sign with them. They got Shaq, they got this young stud in Kobe(#13 pick, telling you that you don't have to be in the top 3 picks to be a stud, also acquired through a trade), they make the playoffs, they play in LA, and they are only getting better. Hell, why wouldn't I want to go there.

So why do you want to come to the Hawks now? Other than money why. We aren't going to get many guys here now. We just have to rely on this top 3 pick to lead this franchise like LeBron. If not this team is in for more long years.

I maybe wrong, but this is the way I see it. I hope I am wrong. Just an opinion.

But, the Lakers and Hawks is a bad example. Give me something better than that.

This was just as bad as the Bulls example you gave me. Look at them now. And didn't they have two top 5 picks in the same year with Curry and Chandler. Look where that has gotten them. That's a better example to use is that the Hawks are like the Bulls. Cleared up cap space, wanted to go after high school stud from Chicago (Curry), trade Brand for another top 5 pick (Chandler) and sign these great free agents. Where has that gotten them? Please tell me. This what I can see happening to the Hawks.

But then again this is just what I'm seeing. I maybe way off.

P

• Premium Member

Quote:

You don't know what kind of team this would have been with Sheed.

This is the same team that has yet to string together 2 wins. Sheed is not that much of a difference maker. He played on PTLs team and they are lottery bound with more talent than we had.

I can't say for certain but I can make a pretty strong guess of what kind of team it would have been.

How is it a strong guess. Please tell me how they are lottery bound with Sheed. They have made the playoffs every year with Sheed. Before they traded him they had won 8 out of 9 to pull within a couple of games of the 8th spot.

Please tell me how this is lottery bound. Considering they have never been in the lottery with Sheed until possiblly this year.

I don't understand this arguement as well.

Sheed isn't much of a difference maker. Geez I recall the one game he played with the Hawks that the team came within 4 pts in beating a Nets team that had won 10 in a row. He seem to make a difference that night. Dumars thought he was enough of a difference maker to make a trade for him.

Sheed does make a difference as much as you don't want to admit. The guy is a top player in this league. He is totally different than having Reef. This would have been a different team than what we saw with Reef and Theo. Who knows what would happen? I don't know if we would win or lose? But, it would have been fun to see what this team would have been like.

So I think it is silly to say that this team would not make a difference with Sheed, because he leads the Trail Blazers to the lottery. That isn't even true, as I pointed out earlier. Where do you get this stuff?

Once again just my opinion.

P