• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Duncan the greatest PF ever????

cyman3

• Premium Member

Sheer toughness. I know that Duncan is the better defensive player. I think Malone was the better offensive player (in his prime). I have enjoyed watching both make Shaq play like a sissy. I mean, Shaq used to cry when he had to play against Utah and San Antonio derailed the Shaq-Kobe express a few times. BUT Toughness. Malone just had his first real injury. He takes an approach to the game similar to Jerry Rice. In the offseason, he's working. The other thing is that Malone's game IMPROVED to greatness. Duncan came in already polished. Duncan was placed on a good team and in 2 years had his first ring. Karl Malone went to a place that he thought was OVERSEAS. Played in front of a bunch of farmers night in and night out and built Utah into a basketball city with his own hands. Over that time, he improved every aspect of his game, including free throws. Speaking of which, when is Duncan going to become a better free throw shooter?

I'd take Malone over Duncan on defense. Duncan really

isn't that great on defense. I've seen him get worked

plenty of times. I think it's the fact that he has no

mean streak at all. Duncan probably will go down as the

better player overall....

"Karl Malone went to a place that he thought was OVERSEAS. Played in front of a bunch of farmers night in and night out and built Utah into a basketball city with his own hands"

Overseas? Malone is a country boy. Places like Utah probably

don't seem overseas to him. The guy rode hogs as a kid....

He drives monster trucks....He's good friends with Garth

Brooks...He deer hunts. Not that it matters on the basket

ball court though.