• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks will finish with 3rd worst record.

KB21

The question is, will that be enough to land them Dwight Howard?

They will have a better than average chance of getting that top pick.

One thing to look at though is the fact that the two teams worse than Atlanta, Chicago and Orlando, will both likely shy away from taking a high school kid. If Orlando or Chicago gets the first pick, I see them taking Emeka Okafor. Orlando is probably more likely to take Howard at #2 if Chicago gets the top pick. If Orlando gets the top pick, I do not feel Chicago will take another high school kid with the 2nd pick if they land that pick. That could leave Howard dropping to #3 and the Hawks.

If the Hawks land in the top 2 with either one of these teams, I think the Hawks will get Howard.

Basically, these are the scenarios as I see them:

Scenario 1:

#1 - Orlando - Emeka Okafor PF UCONN

#2 - Chicago - Andris Biedrins PF Latvia ?

#3 - Atlanta - Dwight Howard PF SACA

Scenario 2:

#1 - Chicago - Emeka Okafor PF UCONN

#2 - Orlando - Dwight Howard PF SACA

#3 - Atlanta - Andris Biedrins PF Latvia?

Scenario 3:

#1 - Chicago - Emeka Okafor PF UCONN

#2 - Atlanta - Dwight Howard PF SACA

#3 - Orlando - Andris Biedrins PF Latvia?

Scenario 4:

#1 - Orlando - Emeka Okafor PF UCONN

#2 - Atlanta - Dwight Howard PF SACA

#3 - Chicago - Andris Biedrins PF Latvia?

Scenario 5:

#1 - Atlanta - Dwight Howard PF SACA

#2-#3 is meaningless after this.

I won't go into other scenarios that have the Hawks dropping to 5-7. The chances of them dropping to 6 or 7 are slim to none, while the chances of them dropping to 5 are a little higher, but not as high as the chances that they will land a top 3 pick.

• Admin

I don't think they will.

They have a very weak record ahead of them and Washington and Phx don't. I have a feeling the Hawks will finish with the 5th worst record. If they do not win the lottery that translates into anywhere from the 6th pick to the 9th pick.

If it was up to me I would rather Okafor then Howard. HSers take a few years to develop and some don't really develop at all. Okafor you know what you are getting.

Well, I think they will still find a way to lose enough games to have that the 3rd worst record. This team plays in spurts, but they are in no way consistent enough to win enough of their remaining games to be overtaken by Phoenix. They are currently tied with Washington.

As for Okafor, yeah. You know what you are getting, and it's not a potential superstar. You also know that you are getting a guy who is already having back problems.

With Howard, you don't know what you are getting, but you have the potential that he will be a superstar.

The best three players in the NBA right now, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, and Tracy McGrady, were all high school kids drafted. Tim Duncan was a 4 year college player and the only 4 year college player that is one of the top players in the NBA.

Then you ignore Amare Stoudemire and LeBron James. Even though it took Jermaine O'Neal a while to develop (a lot of that had to do with the situation he was in at Portland), he's now a great player in the NBA.

Kwame Brown is also starting to come around. His game is improving nightly, and next season could be his breakout season.

Tyson Chandler has back problems that has hurt his development, and Eddy Curry has a problem with work ethic.

Darius Miles was a bust. Jonathan Bender is in the same type of situation that Jermaine O'Neal was in. He's got skills, and I feel he could blossom with a team that will give him minutes.

It's too early to tell about Travis Outlaw, Ndudi Ebi, and Kendrick Perkins.

Al Harrington is a top 6th man, and Rashard Lewis was a steal for Seattle in the second round.

Was their a player named Korlene Young that came out ofhigh school? Didn't Dermarr only play one year? Wagner only played

like one year also. Chandler doesn't have a offesive game

even when healthy...How about Q Woods?

"Kwame Brown is also starting to come around. His game is improving nightly, and next season could be his breakout season. "

We'll see. Anybody that cries like a baby like Kwame did

is a wimp.

The thing that continues to stick out in my mind is reading

that he is unagressive at times. Those kind of players have

a tough time coming through when needed the most.

Besies it about how it takes to develop and and

such. And is the guy a Chris Webber? Soft when the

game is on the line. All the hometown stuff is a bunch

of meaningless crud. Nobody cares what place you are

from. Howard can't fill up the seats because the people

in Atlanta don't care if he's local or not. It makes

no difference.

Well, first of all, you don't speak for the people of Atlanta. Jason Collier played at Georgia Tech., and he already has quite a fan following at the games. Last night, he fouled out, but he received a standing ovation from the crowd, and when he goes into the game, there are a lot of cheers for him. Atlanta fans know about Dwight Howard, and if he is selected by Atlanta, fans will come to see him play. The Hawks are getting more fans at the games lately simply because they hustle on the court now whereas they went through the motions before the trade.

Secondly, you really shouldn't be making stupid comments about players you haven't seen play. Dwight Howard doesn't even resemble Chris Webber in body type. There games are nowhere similar. Dwight Howard is more of a mix of Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan.

Well, first of all, you don't speak for the people of Atlanta. Jason Collier played at Georgia Tech., and he already has quite a fan following at the games. Last night, he fouled out, but he received a standing ovation from the crowd, and when he goes into the game, there are a lot of cheers for him. Atlanta fans know about Dwight Howard, and if he is selected by Atlanta,"

When the Hawks are drawing 18,000 a night you let me know.

10 fans cheering for one scrub proves nothing.

"The Hawks are getting more fans at the games lately simply because they hustle on the court now whereas they went through the motions before the trade."

Damn 5 more fans! They are really building up now=)

"Secondly, you really shouldn't be making stupid comments about players you haven't seen play. Dwight Howard doesn't even resemble Chris Webber in body type. There games are nowhere similar. Dwight Howard is more of a mix of Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan/"

No you just didn't get my point. Did I say anything about

body types? I said from what I hear he sounds like another

Webber in that he will not come through when needed. That

isn't compairing them as players overall.

I don't like him because he seems like he'll me the type

that tries to force people to believe his stupid faith.

Last time I looked(can't remember who it was againest)

the arena was still as empty as ever so I don't see where

you get there is a already increased attendence. Second,

you guys have made Howard out to be some sort of savior

when he's never played in important games on a high level.

But either way, with him it's going to be atleast 4 years

before you can hope for sucess from him most likely. That's

including the Hawks have no core. Stephen Jackson is NOT

a core player. He's a role player posting stats in unimportant

games in a pickup game style offense. Even then his 41.7%

fg is far from impressive. It doesn't take much to shoot

41%

There is such a long way to go and getting(most likely) a

project sure isn't going to help sorten it.

Brent Musburger was talking about Howard during the Celtics - Sixers game and said that he felt he was ready to contribute right away, since his body is between where Garnett and Duncan's were when they came in the league, for whatever that is worth....as long as you enter the league with size to go with youth, you're better off...

Since WEBBER is injured half the time, i too rather take the players u listed...

but assuming he is injury-free... even tho he tends to disappear in the 4th quarter, i rather have 3 quarters of WEBBER than 4 quarters of SOME of those players listed...

The reason I say Webber is overrated is because his athletic

ability is leaving him and his inside game seems to have

dissappeared and now he's just a jump shooter. The Kings

play well when he's out for the most part. If he was on

a team he had to carry you'd see his more flawed than he

looks with Sac Town.