• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Babcock Says Rumors "Not True" at all....

jaywalker72

Traceman said that Babcock was on "2 Live Stews" tonight and said that the rumors are "not true at all".

He said that he has been talking to everyone regarding trades, but that none of them involved JT.

It looks more and more like NY is pumping up Sprewell by "Leaking" these rumors through their beat writer.

• Premium Member

Trust Babcock???

Why?

The facts.

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=177

This is going into the Draft.

In reply to:

e like Jason Terry's quickness and scoring ability, and if we were able to add a bigger PG, we would move him to off-guard. If we could add an off-guard, then we'd probably keep him at the PG. Either way, we want to keep him on the floor because he's such an explosive scorer. “

If that's true, what does that say about DerMarr Johnson? Does Pete see him as a SF? Or not a player at all?

He also said “We're trying to move into the first round with first round picks in upcoming drafts.”, but for whom? Dan Dickau? Frank Williams?

Please.

Now, I hope that it's the usual smoke and mirrors game that GM’s play around this time, because the team really showed promise with Terry at the point and Johnson at the 2, steering clear of the defensive

Do I believe Babs doesn't want Spree? He has looked into him for the past 4 yrs.

Do I believe that JT is not being mentioned? Come on, of course he is.

Do I believe Babs would lie? I believe Babs tries to tell the truth, but sometimes, his job forces him to lie. Ask Mookie and Nique!!

I guess NY media started the rumor but I was listening to them perpetuate it on 790. I know Kincaid just tries to inflame people but he was offensive today. He kept on and on cutting down our backcourt. "Who in the NBA would trade their backcourt for our backcourt of JT and DJ or Dion" was part of their rant. It was pathetic!!

I admit I'd like to have Spree, but I'm not sure I'd trade him for Dion, and DJ would be even more of a stretch. Not that Spree isnt better, but I dont think Spree is worth his salary, much less having to give up one or our better players. JT for Spree might be arguable if you forget salaries but throwing in Nazr in effect for Othella really is ridiculous. When you consider salaries, etc, I'd really think Henderson, Kukoc, filler should get us Spree.

I really dont know why I'm even bringing up the trade, what was really offensive was the argument that our current backcourt is that bad. I really dont know who's starting backcourt I'd trade with? Jacque and TMac would work. So would Cassell and Ray Allen. Francis and Mobley, OK. Kobe and whoever might work. Jason Kidd and Kittles might. Vince and Alvin? I guess I'd take Andre Miller and filler or Baron Davis and filler just to get us a more true point guard, but that's about it.

Either way, Kincaid just went too far for me, he now has a new hater, but then again, maybe that's what he wanted?

I don't understand how that article relates to anything. Babcock said he wants JT on the floor, at the 1 or 2. If we do get a tall PG, I have no problem with JT at the 2, Dermarr at the 3. The versatility of our players is an advantage...

We all know that Babcock does like Spree as a player. We've looked into him for 4 years? Where do you get that from?

Do I think Babs would trade JT for Spree? No, that's the opposite of Babs' usual thinking. Babs likes to trade older, proven stars for younger, unproven ones.

Spree is a older, proven star. JT is young, and has proven himself to us. The rest of the NBA hasn't taken notice, until he was mentioned in a trade to NY.