• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another trial balloon: Coach Charles?

sturt

Hell no!!

Charles Barkley is absolutely one of the most ignorant people I've ever seen on TV. I shudder to think of what his idea would be when the team needs an in bound pass in a critical moment in the game.

This guy has ZERO ability to be a coach in the NBA. NONE!!

This idea that we have to get a coach with a big name has to stop when one is considering a fat slob who is as dumb as a damn stick! Especially when REAL coaches like Eric Musselman are available.

Hiring Charles Barkley would be the worst move I could think of.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't hire Charles to coach, but by that same token, I wouldn't say ZERO ability to coach....

That's just being stupid KB.

Barkley is one of the 50 greatest players to play the game. He is probably the best undersized rebounder to ever play this game. So that alone means that he can probably motivate and probably teach. Don't get it twisted, TNT pays Charles to be controversial and funny... However, there's a line for Charles, he talks about it in his book... Anyway, if you want somebody that the players will listen to... He can do that. IF you want somebody who can motivate, he can do that. I don't know what kind of X's and O's guy he is... but neither Bird nor Phil Jackson are X's and O's guys... In fact, isn't it the former players who make the better coaches?

yeah, lay off Charles Barkley. Sometimes he may say some stuff that you may not agree with but a lot of times he'll say something that's true but nobody else would say. I say no as coach but I wouldn't totally bash the guy either.

now Stephen A. Smith is somebody I could totally bash.