• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bulls may trade 3 pick for SAR,ridculous!

thescout5

Five NBA stories you must read for Thursday, May 27, 2004

Bulls should trade pick for veteran

Chicago Tribune

Tribune columnist Sam Smith writes that the Bulls could try to trade their first-round pick for Wally Szczerbiak, Antawn Jamison, Shane Battier, Al Harrington or Shareef Abdur-Rahim. If the Bulls can't deal for a veteran, Smith suggests that they trade down from the third spot and select Oregon's Luke Jackson.

Remind me what did the Hawks get for giving up Wallace.Detroit is about to go to the finals the Hawks traded SAR and this article points out maybe the Bulls may trade there 3rd pick for SAR meaning the hawks while getting Rasheed and trading him for what? We may have given up the third pick for cap space? Does it ever get any better for the Hawks?

The only way Chicago deals for SAR/Jamison is by giving up contracts like Eddie Robinson/ Antonio Davis along with the pick so that makes the deal a lot less appealing. I would take a chance with Deng/Childress/Iguodala/Smith way before trading for Szczerbiak (sp?). Al Harrington and Shane Battier would be good picks at SF but I don't know if they are worth the #3 pick.

He's worth the #3...but not for Chicago. We all know Reef, some with love, some with hate, some with ambivilence....but the fact is this: if you need that extra piece, and you play a half court offense, and already have a clutch guy in place (see Bibby for the Kings), then SAR would be perfect, and well worth it....

however, Chicago has none of these.

In many ways, SAR is the front-court version of Scottie Pippen, or a poor man's Garnett. He'll make you better, if you play a style he fits in, but.....

I can see the Bulls trading the #3 for Al Harrington.

I can't see them adding Jamison, or Wally, and why Shareef? that would be a waste of a pick since he is a free agent at the end of the year. The Bulls will have to unload Davis or Robinson like someone else said if they are going to take on Jamison.

The only player from the list I see is Al Harrington. They know what they are getting, and he comes at a fair price. Al wants to start(like everyone), and has a good work ethic. He is also getting more experience from the playoffs.....

WRONG. If is like a Juwan Howard. He'll put up respectable

numbers but will and never has helped a team win anything.

Considering his high contract he is NOT worth a lotto pick.

Furthermore, his career is going down hill more and more

every year. He'll probably end up a bench player before

long.

The only team that should trade for SAR is Utah. I agree with Weez that SAR is a player but he needs a half court offense. With AK47's lenght and a bulky center next to him SAR could give a legit low scoring threat. With three first round picks and capspace I'm sure Utah could make something happen. They could also pickup up Eddy Curry and go:

Arroyo

Stevensen

AK47

SAR

Curry

you're right, Juwan and reef are similar in many ways. Neither, for whatever reason, can lead a team by themselves, though both were expected to. Neither has Billups (just to use an example that's on the brain), though he's working out pretty well in Detroit...and doesn't ahve the talent of either of those two players.

Sidenote: I think Reef's better than Juwan, but not by a lot. Reef's offense is a little more refined, though Juwan has a "better midrange game" in terms of being able to get the shot off....Reef's fine with it, and can even hit a three...but he has to set his feet with a slower release.