• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stay Right where we are.......

emeans

Everyone need to calm down. This is the one draft that I can honestly say it truly doesn't matter whether we pick 6 or 1. This is truly a crap-shot weak draft even at No. 1. There is no clear cut number 1 and both projected No. 1 draft picks have some serious questions.

I would stay at 6 and 17 and pick the best available talent, which after a year or two or three we may be saying that player should have been the 1st pick in this draft. That is how unpredictable this years draft is.

Do not trade up and do not lose the 17th pick. If you can add a 1st round pick by packing a couple of 2nds and Jason Terry, then do it and have 3 1st round picks....but DO NOT trade away your picks. You can possibly get a person at 17 that should have been No. 1 in this draft. It seems pretty even all they down to about 20 picks.

I am not angry at all with what we have. We may be able to get Josh Smith at 6 and Telfair at 17. I would be elated with this!!!

Then we could possibly trade Jason and a 2nd for a late 1st rounder. Then pick up on of the big Europeans with that pick.

We are just fine people!!!

• Premium Member

And Jax is not 1.

It may mean that we get a PF with 17.... Then in FAcy we go all out for Qrich. If LAC is truly checking for Kobe, they won't match a good offer....

However, I'm just ready as hell to get over the JT era....

I'm sending JT to Boston for 2 of their 1st rounders. They really don't want them all.

So here's the deal...

JT for #15/25....

We leave the draft with:

Josh Smith #6.

Kris Humphries #15.

LaMarcus Aldridge #17.

Snyder #25.

Then in FAcy... We take Adonal Foyle, Pryz, Brevin Knight, Crawford, and Carlos Arroyo.....

Our squad:

Arroyo/Knight

Crawford/Snyder/Hansen

Jo Smith/Diaw/CC

Humphries/Aldridge/Hendu

Foyle/Pryz

These are the Atlanta Hawks Young guns....

No really big contracts.. Just a lot of guys playing hard... You would need a teacher/Coach like Fratello...who could make Josh Smith into Dominique... We'd be like Denver....

Quote:

We leave the draft with:

Josh Smith #6.

Kris Humphries #15.

LaMarcus Aldridge #17.

Snyder #25.

If this is the case I wouldn't be very happy with the final verdict of our draft.

If we have those picks I suggest we take theses players if they are there:(ofcourse one person per pick)

#6 Josh Smith or Andris Biedrins

#15 Tiago Splitter, Peter John Ramos

#17 Josh Childress, Peja Samardziski

#25 Roko Leni Ukic, Sasha - if their stock goes up I pick one with the 17th pick. I also like Ha-Seung Jin with the late pick.

• Premium Member

Well,

Because I have watched him. He has very good offensive skill even from about 15 feet out. Defensively, he has good footwork. He's an awesome rebounder. He reminds me of Elton Brand.

Why does he not impress you. Have you watched him play? He plays as well as his numbers says he plays... 21/10.

He runs the floor really well. He's a very good rebounder. He can score. I think he would work well next to Foyle.

• Premium Member

JT for Atkins/Stewart/#15....

I think this is certainly fair.

It gives Boston what they need PLUS the freedom to go after QRich... After they lose Ricky Davis to the Bobcats...

I don't think it's a weak draft...i think it's a very deep draft

it's just that it's a deep draft of nice talent as opposed to one where there are 2-5 GREAT talents and then a drop off

everyone is just nice, not great...except okafur (but he has back probs) and howard (is he as driven as garnett?)

but being that it's a deep draft, and everyone is about on the same level, it is a great draft to get more picks, not consolidate to move up

i'd trade jt/17 to move up, mainly cause i wanna get rid of jt...but i'd be hesitant to trade 17/2nd rounder to move up, cause i think we need a lot of players, and i'd rather trust knight's drafting than fa'cy

truthfully, we have one long-term player on our team: diaw

hansen may be a long-term 6th/7th man eventually, but we truthfully only have one long-term starter

we can hopefully get a long-term starting guard in FAcy with hendu/cc money next summer

so we need at least 3 potentially long-term starters from this draft...josh smith is a great prospect for sf...i think we should use 17 or a 2nd rounder to get one of the "truer" pg prospects that also has some speed and preferably more kidd-like instincts than francis-like instincts

then we need to draft the best big men available

i'd very much love to trade jt to boston for their two first rounders...

with 6 we get smith

with 15/17 we get pg/big man

with next 2 picks we get best available big men

with last pick, we get best available player

so we'll have our sf, our pg and at least 3 big men

we get some veteran big man in facy to teach them and some veteran pg to teach/backup/start with the draftee

we hire a teaching coach and get a great teaching staff

we give them all a bunch of playing time and go from there

The hawks are not going anywhere fast. The hawks can assemble the best talent available via draft.

I would favor keeping our picks (6 and 17) and trade JT/second rounder(s) for a first round pick.

Someone pointed out that his is a weak draft and the possible number one pick could be at 6 or 17. The Hawks can add another first round pick to help our chances.

I would appreciate somebody who has a list of Billy Knight's drafting history.

If Billy Knight does his homework, the Hawks could walk away with 3 all-stars in this year's draft...who knows!

I want:

1st round:

Josh Smith

Luke Jackson

Sebastian Telfair (still growing, could be 6' or 6'1)

2nd round:

Chris Duhon (proven winner and dives for loose balls)

Ha Seung-Jin (I love his size 7'3/300lbs)

Ha Seung-Jin profile reads that he needs alot of work on his offensive game. He will be a project and then some,but you can't teach size. I would rather have the Russian guy if he falls into the 2ndround Pavel P.(I want attempt to spell his last name. I think even though Pavel is going to need alot of work he is further along than Jin.

I happen to agree with you. Many of the trades posted on this board do not seem plausible. I say we get the best available talent we can. In my opinion this is a "thin" draft. Rebuilding the Hawks will not be done in one season, or one draft.

I don't think it is a thin draft at all for teams like the Hawks.

Even the Dallas Mavs wish they had a first round pick, so they could select one of the centers.

Pavel I would defently draft if he is there in the second round, but that isn't likely. Maybe we can trade for a late first round pick(20's), and select him there!!

What I like about Pavel is hasn't played many minutes overseas, and whatever team drafts him can mold him into what he will become.(or atleast try)

When I say thin I am referring to the lack of mindboggling talent. Most picks suggested are at least one to two years away from making a significant impact. I do not see another King James in this draft although Howard has the "potential" to be special. However as a High School player, I anticipate it will take some time before he develops into the potentially dominate player he can become. In this draft I am looking for the stand out dominate player who can step in and have an immediate impact, not another player that is "good enough" to play NBA ball. This draft may be filled with players who are just "good enough" to make a squad.