• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mohammed vs MacCulloch- who's better?

cyman3

With Ratliff as the Sixers starting CENTER, who was the 2nd string backup and the 3rd string backup center? Mohammed or MacCulloch?

THIS SEASON

Mohammed-

26.4 mpg, 9.7 ppg, .461%, .617 FT%, 7.9 rpg, .74 bpg

MacCulloch-

24.2 mpg, 9.7 ppg, .531%, .671 FT%, 6.10 rpg, 1.44 bpg

Who would u rather have as starting CENTER?

I think it depends on the team. I think that Nazr is a little quicker and aggressive than Mac, as shown by the boards, but neither is much of a shot blocker. Mac's got really soft hands which leads to his finishing plays, thus the shooting percentage (meanwhile, Nazr's sometimes look more like something chisled off stone mountain).

I'd take Nazr...he's more apt to score big and boards better...though is much more frustrating (Mac's pretty consistent in his mediocrity).

this is like asking if you'd prefer to get kicked in the face, or in the nuts. Pilsbury Doughboy, or Mr. Potatohead? I honestly would choose neither as my starter, but I'd hafta stay with Doughboy as my backup, his shooting %s are lower and he doesn't defend as well, but the rebounding (on a weak rebounding team) puts him over the top. NJ can keep Mr Potatohead, I'd stay with the Pilsbury Doughboy.

I don't think either are bad as backups, it's just as starters their weaknesses are overexposed. I'm really hoping that all the good stuff we're hearing about Theo is on the money, cause it was painful last season watching Nazr get pushed around and bobble away passes in the paint. Ya know what I did notice tho? Nazr plays GREAT off of Toni, I can't for the life of me, figure it out. But when Toni was in the game Naz always shined, I guess vet experience is the difference maybe?

I would take Nazr because he probably is going to improve when he really learns how to play the game. Mac is what you see is what you get --- he knows there is no upside. Nazr thinks he can be better ---that is indicated by the way he worked out last summer to improve his vertical and foot speed. They both are marginal but i think Nazr will pass Mac when all is said and done

or at least seems to anyway. There were games when Naz went above and beyond his averages. Granted, I did'nt have the benefit of seeng Mac play 80 odd games this season, but watching him in the playoffs, I just don't see as much upside, though there is some there. Irregardless, I believe Naz will surpass him when all's said n done..... I'd still rather get kicked in the nuts than hafta start either of em tho LOL

Kicked in the nuts? Then it don't work any more!

Kicked in the head? It works, but you don't remember how or why?

Nazr may not be the best horse in the show but he is our horse. I'll keep

what we've got and not take the kick at all, thank you.

Nazr is already a part of the Hawks team and the other players have played

with him enough to know how he plays, what his strengths and weaknesses

are and how to play to the best advantage of these assets and liabilities.

Stats tell a lot, but they don't tell how a player will preform with a different

set of team mates. I wouldn't trade with them. Nazr will continue to grow

and improve and will probably be a much more productive player as a back-up

rather than a starter.

Gray Mule