Al Jefferson

ATLien_

Draftcity has Al Jefferson moving up in the draft. In their latest mock they have philedelphia selecting him in the 9 spot. I think you were reading to much into his comments Diesel, because he must be having good workouts to move from late teens to under 10. This is a player I have a real good feeling about. I love good low post players and I think he can be every bit as good as Zach Randolf if not better.

Both sites are just projections with draftnet concentrating more on ranking the players than filling needs.

Both will maybe be 5 % accurate as to how the draft actually goes down.

Anyway, Jefferson's combine scores...

Bench Press: 3 @ 185 lbs

Vertical: 30 in.

Agility Test: 13.08 sec (worst score out of pot. lotto picks)

This is taken from Draftcity. Here are the results some will shock you.

Pre-Draft Camp Combine Results

Name Bench Press 185lbs Max. Vertical Jump Lane Agility Test

Josh Childress 11 reps 36" 11.95 sec.

Luol Deng 5 reps 31.5" 11.46 sec.

Ben Gordon 12 reps 37.5" 11.28 sec

Devin Harris 5 reps 37" 11.03 sec

Dwight Howard 7 reps 35.5" 11.21 sec.

Kris Humphries 22 reps 36" 11.33 sec.

Andre Iguodala 4 reps 34.5" 11.17 sec.

Luke Jackson 13 reps 36" 11.1 sec.

Al Jefferson 3 reps 30" 13.08 sec.

Shaun Livingston 0 reps 30" 10.72 sec.

Jameer Nelson 15 reps 33.5" 10.95 sec.

Emeka Okafor 22 reps 34" 12.32 sec.

Peter John Ramos 2 reps 26.5" 12.61 sec.

J.R. Smith 5 reps 35.5" 10.93 sec.

Josh Smith 12 reps 39.5" 11.43 sec.

Kirk Snyder 19 reps 35" 10.79 sec.

How can you not bench 185 at least once?? I know Livingston is a young kid but still. Al Jefferson only getting 3reps? I hope he was just not trying hard but that still may hurt his stock. I don't really do any bench pressing, I might work out with Dumbells from time to time but I can still go in the gym at get and at least get 5 or 6reps with 185lbs and I am only 5'7. Okafor is clearly stronger than Howard but Howard has the quickness and speed. BTW anybody remember how many reps my man Travis Hansen had in the bench last year. I think he had the highest score in that event.

I thought he'd leap at least 3-4 inches higher than that based on all the reports of his tremendous athleticism.

Kris Humphries, Luol Deng and Luke Jackson showed a lot more athleticism than a lot of people thought they would. All 3 are athletic enough to play in an uptempo style.

Livingston is as weak as tissue paper but he's incredibly quick for a 6'7" guy.

It is clear that the highschool guys don't lift weights although 12 reps by Josh Smith isn't that bad.

it is actually harder to bench/rep if you're taller and/or have longer arms. but 185 for livingston, out of hs...it' really not that bad...just not good in terms of his getting knocked around some...or you could look at it as potential.

wouldn't hold that against Livingston too much. It would be much more of a concern if he were a SF, PF or Center but most of the high school guys are relatively weak. I was very impressed by his lateral quickness score. If he can move that well at his size, he should be able to stay in front of small/quick PGs for the most part.

You have to be impressed with his standing reach of 8'2" considering that he's a shade over 6'2" tall. Now, he posts a 37.5" vertical leap. That makes him even taller. His wingspan plus his standing reach plus his vertical make him a potential good pairing with Terry in the backcourt.

you're right, some of the result are quite suprising...

my one liners on the bench press....

strong but skinny (p.s. i think the hawks should strongly consider childress):

Josh Childress 11 reps 36" 11.95 sec.

weak and not athletic:

Luol Deng 5 reps 31.5" 11.46 sec.

outstanding athlete:

Ben Gordon 12 reps 37.5" 11.28 sec

what i would expect from a big who rebounds:

Kris Humphries 22 reps 36" 11.33 sec.

Emeka Okafor 22 reps 34" 12.32 sec.

what i would expect from a big who doesn't rebound:

Al Jefferson 3 reps 30" 13.08 sec.

Peter John Ramos 2 reps 26.5" 12.61 sec.

not bad considering all around game:

Luke Jackson 13 reps 36" 11.1 sec.

flava