A compilation of 19 mock drafts

KB21

I looked at 19 mock drafts on the net to see who the most projected player for the Hawks at each position was. Here are the results:

1. Shaun Livingston, PG, 6'7", Peoria Central (7 times)

2. Ben Gordon, PG, 6'2", Connecticut (6 times)

3. Andre Iguodala, SG, 6'6", Arizona (3 times)

4. Josh Smith, SF, 6'8", Oak Hill Academy (1 time)

-. Luol Deng, SF, 6'8", Duke (1 time)

-. Devin Harris, PG, 6'3", Wisconsin (1 time)

The favorite projection for the Hawks looks to be Shaun Livingston at the 6th pick, with Ben Gordon a close second. Andre Iguodala is the only other player projected multiple times to Atlanta with this pick.

1. Josh Smith, SF, 6'8", Oak Hill Academy (5 times)

2. J.R. Smith, SG, 6'6", St. Benedict's High School (4 times)

3. Al Jefferson, PF, 6'10", Prentiss High School (3 times)

4. Peter Ramos, C, 7'3", Criollos de Caguas (2 times)

5. Pavel Podkolzin, C, 7'5", Metis Varese (1 time)

-. Rafael Araujo, C, 6'11", BYU (1 time)

-. Kris Humphries, PF, 6'10", Minnesota (1 time)

-. Luke Jackson, SG, 6'7", Oregon (1 time)

-. Anderson Varejao, PF, 6'11", FC Barcelona (1 time)

The favorite for the 17th pick looks to be Josh Smith, with J.R. Smith and Al Jefferson close behind. Peter Ramos sneaks in with two projections.

Overall, it seems that most feel Atlanta will end up with Shaun Livingston and Josh Smith with their two first round picks.

Sounds great to me, too. I would be happy with either Livingston or Gordon, although Gordon would make us question JT's role.

I'm just ready some new Hawks. Let's see them already!!!

They are going to take Ben Gordon at the third pick, which means that LA will likely take Shaun Livingston. If you want Livingston, you better hope LA takes Devin Harris instead. ESPN did mention something about LA possibly looking at Harris with the 4th pick, but with Gordon gone, I believe they will go with Livingston.

I don't really get my hopes up with this team anymore, as something always seems to happen.

Actually, I'm somewhat looking forward to the "This Team Sucks!" and "This Franchise Is Doomed!" topics that will appear on Thursday night when we draft the guy that somebody didn't want.

Oh the chaos that would erupt if Knight shocked us all by going with Biedins or Podkolzine...