• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's trade of the Day...

How about this one.

Toni/Hendu/Nazr/CC/1st to Denver for Juwaun Howard/Voshon Lenard (SNT) to Miami.... Then Jones/Grant to Atlanta.

Now that Denver has Camby, what will they do? I think he becomes their C while Nene Hillario/Skitsville becomes their PF/BU PF. What does this mean for Howard?

Big Money. Solid play. Nowhere to play.

I think Miami is ready to do a new thing. They would happily take Juwuan. They would take Lenard too. Riley likes BOTH players. But more importantly, Miami drops too bad contracts.

Now everyone knows that I hate.... Grant. However,to get Jones I would take him.

we would have:

Theo/Smith(?)or Bennett (is he that big?).

SAR/Grant/Haslem

DJ/Ira

Jones/Glover

JT/DD

Miami losses those big contract, they take in Howard in his last yr. Next yr they go after Duncan?

ZO/Duncan/Butler/Lenard/House.

Nuggets won't give up Howard.

His 19 or so mil comes off of the cap after this year and the lowly Nuggets are gonna try and be free agent players. Kiki's been positioning them for a free agent run ever sense he took over. No way they get this close and give it away to take on Hendu's contract.

They would love to get the 19 million from Howard... However, I think Kiki will realize that it's easier to build by draft than trade. I mean, Kidd is already talking about he has targetted GS(??) as his next possible stop. They have so many PFs... (Howard, Skitsville, Camby, Hilario, etc)... I think trading Howard and Lenard and getting another first rounder would probably be more beneficial to them. They will still have plenty of money.

be better off taking Grant/Jones for Howard/Lenard than taking Nazr/Hendu/Toni/CC/pick? They could lineup:

Camby/Hilario

Grant/Tskitishvili/Harvey

Posey/McCloud

Jones/

Jackson/???

I can't imagine why they would want all of our bad contracts plus Nazr instead of Jones/Grant.

Actually, if Denver would do it, I would trade Nazr/Hendu/Toni/CC/pick for Howard/Lenard too. We'd get rid of all of our bad contracts in one fell swoop! That would leave us with:

Theo/???

SAR/Howard

DJ/Ira

Glover/Lenard

JT/DD/E-Mail

That move might delay our rebuilding for one more year but it would make us a major player in next year's FA market. Think about it. The only players who would have guaranteed contracts on our roster for 03/04 would be SAR ($13.5 million, Theo ($10 million) & DD (less than $1 million). That's only about $24.5 million in guaranteed contracts. We could go after TWO big time FAs with that kind of salary cap room. JT, DG and DJ can all be retained but they can also be let go if we don't pick up DJ's option and if we don't give qualifying offers or extensions to JT and DG.

Since Kidd wants to play with TD, wouldn't it be amazing if they both decided to come to Atlanta? I think I could live with a starting lineup of:

Theo

Duncan

SAR

DJ (or DG)

Kidd

God what a fantasy! I don't think that DEN would do that deal in a million years and the above reason represents why. That is EXACLTY what they will try to do with the cap room they will have next year. Even if we couldn't get Duncan and Kidd, we could certainly get some quality players with next year's FA class being as good as it is. We could also do some sign and trades.

MY thoughts are these.

With all those players, Denver has no true C. Nazr gives them that.

Of Course they could opt for Jones/Grant... But do they want those Contracts?

That's the advantage of Hendu/Toni. Toni's contract is up after next Season. Hendu is hinting at early retirement. Playing a 2nd BU on a rotten team just might hurry that.

So Denver would still make off with Salary space. PLUS, they get a C, a pick, and a chance to develop those young players under a player like Toni.

The reason they wouldn't take either deal, is because they aren't trying to win anything anyway. Who cares if they don't have a true center for one season while trying to win the Lebron James & Tim Duncan sweepstakes. They won't handcuff themselves with bad contracts, and hurt their chances in thier true goals for this offseason.

Looking further into it, I think a simular deal could be had with Portland for Pippen. He has a huge contract that's up after this year, but even then, Portland will still be way over the cap. They could probably use another body at center, and are seemingly immune to the luxury tax.

• Premium Member

For instance...

Grant,Toni, Nazr, Email to Portland.

Pippen/ Anderson to Miami.

Jones/Gill (SNT) to Atlanta.

We line up with:

Theo/ BU C

SAR/Haslem Hendu

DJ/Gill/Ira

Jones/Glover

JT/DJ

BU C could be Bennett or Christofferson or anybody we want to pick up.

However, I would love to have Jones. For Miami to get out of Jones/Grant's contracts I think they'd do it.

just proof diesel only makes trades considering his own team and never thinks about the other.

that first trade is crap no matter how you look at it. i wouldnt trade howard alone for any of those guys. just a waste of cap space. henderson? crawford? kukoc? please.

your reasoning is terrible as well.

hes our starting PF - dont worry about his PT.

more (after reading replies)..

"They would love to get the 19 million from Howard... However, I think Kiki will realize that it's easier to build by draft than trade. I mean, Kidd is already talking about he has targetted GS(??) as his next possible stop. They have so many PFs... (Howard, Skitsville, Camby, Hilario, etc)... I think trading Howard and Lenard and getting another first rounder would probably be more beneficial to them. They will still have plenty of money."

skits can play SF. camby can play center. nene can play center (or will be eventually). this is a horrible trade to win now.

and even if we cannot sign ONE free agent (there will be many who want to get paid), we can still keep the cap room for trades - but trades not like this. paying guys like henderson is stupid. we had a guys like that in wahad, and van exel. we got lucky and dumped them. we are not taking crappy contracts back no matter what you may pray at night.

traceman said it best: "get rid of all of our bad contracts in one fell swoop!" & "God what a fantasy!" - exact reason why denver doesnt even think about this for 1/2 a second.

and yet diesel thinks nazr is reason enough to make up for all the other crap we take. because apparently we need a center now. because we are trying to make the playoffs now. because that gets rid of our supposed jam at PF (now we only have skits, harvey, nene and camby). please. worst reasoning ever.

then (this is funny) - he tries to justify the heat part of it..."But do they want those Contracts?"

uh what? you are dumping far worse contracts of worse players and yet this is what you ask? my friend, you are just trying to justify in ANY WAY POSSIBLE this horrbile stupid trade idea.

i appluad the rest of the board for having far better nba knowledge. major props.

• Premium Member

Aren't you the same Dope that said...

Oh, we would never trade Nick Van Exel, Raef Lafrentz, and Antonio McDyess.... Those are our core players.

It's a little late but... I told you so. And As I told you... You wouldn't get [censored] for them. You would have been better off taking Theo, Glover, and a first for McDyess like I said.

i always wanted nve traded - we begged teams to take him. amazingly we got ourselves one helluva deal overall.

raef - i didnt want him traded but we had to to get rid of nve. i was wrong here.

dice - i knew he was gone, but i thought at the earliest trade deadline. again great deal.

so hell no - the deals we got were so far better than any crap you have ever offered. we got 2 AWESOME deals. your deals are not even remotely comparable - all you did was overrated your overpaid crap and tried justifying it with absolutely no consideration for the nuggets. pure ignorance.

so if we are exchaging i told you so's i owe you about 20 of em. one for every idiotic trade proposal you ever made and i told you was horrible and would never happen.

keep theo, glover, hendu, cc, and all the rest. we got great deals.

Hope this doesn't offend you..

I'll be honest Nugzfan,at this time LAST YEAR I thought guys

had [censored] for a future.But Kiki had done a great job and you

guys DID come out the best in draft getting rid guys that

didn't want to be there and starting Fresh.Now you have

the two guys you drafted plsu caproom next year and

whatever comes of Posey and Harvey is icing on the cake.

I don't know how many years it will take for you to contend

due to being in the tough west.But nothing can be worse

than what you guys experienced since 1994=)

I trust Kiki a hellva lot more than Pete Babcock.