• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question about Diaw & JT

hawkster411

In my humble opinion, I think Diaw should be the Hawks future PG. I've seen Diaw play a few, and I think he's a great floor general. What I like about Diaw is his defense. I'm sure he's working on his shooting; however, the way Diaw controls the tempo of the game, and his defense are what I like about him.

As for JT, I think he needs to move on. The Hawks have tried countless possibilities to pair him up with another taller player. As much as JT is great for Atlanta and the fans, I just think it would be better for him to move on ala trade.

I do not see the Hawks in the playoffs next year. The Hawks are in a rebuilding process that may take 3-5 years until they are a bonified contender.

The Hawks may well be in the lottery next year; however, if Josh Smith pans out into the next Nique. The Hawks will have the SF position solidified for the next 10 years.

I would like next year's line up of:

Diaw

Childress

Stephan Jackson (J.Smith apprentice)

K-Mart

Okur

Coach: Fratello

i honestly rather have CAMPBELL as our starting center than OKUR...

if we cant trade JT, i dont mind him coming off the bench... ala BOBBY JACKSON style. but its unlikely... after all, hes our BEST PURE SHOOTER.

i think that may be good enuf to compete in our division.

I sorta shudder to say this...but we might actually be able to start JT at the two this year. If you make Diaw the pg, though, in more of a three guard system (Childress at the three), then you'd have three very very good ballhandlers on the floor, can rearragne to play D (Diaw being on the primary swing threat, Childress on the other).

JT can play spot "pure point" at times, with either Diaw or Childress at the two, and Smith, getting solid spot minutes, but those he must earn in practice and smart play on the court.

the frontcourt is an issue, though I think you'll see crawford with Pryz (resigned). I stated this earlier.

I would love to see Diaw run the point. I didn't understand why we didn't try it more last year

Which means down the line our starters will be

1-Diaw

2-Childress

3-Smith

4-?

5-?

An 6'7" and taller backcourt. Seems to me like this is Billy's kind of team. Diaw the passer, Childress the shooter, and Smith the freakish dunker. I really hope we can find some big men.

Lascar,

Nice take on the following..

"Diaw the passer, Childress the shooter, and Smith the freakish dunker."

I like a PF called the rebounding machine and a center called the bruiser, but who could that be???

As long as we don't have softies on this team, I would be fine by that.

At the looks of things, Diaw (6'8) Childress(6'8) and J.Smith(6'9) is a pretty tall front line. Wish all of them could have a little more body mass.

Smith will not start. Just watching that interview last night, I could tell he doesn't have the mental game. He looked...hollow...lost... Sure he can dunk, but those are the only highlights I see of him. I've seen his awkward shot a few times and it's not going to cut it in the NBA. This is Darius Miles folks, have fun with him. He can dunk, but he can't do much else.

i actually agree about Diaw and the point..anybody see why he couldn't?

you could have two scenarios

Diaw

Childress

Jackson

KMart

Swift or Okur

or

Diaw

JT

Childress

Kmart

Swift or Okur

in the first scenario, JT is traded for a future first or a solid big(pf or center)..

but in any case, especially the 1st case, we're a big team.

any reasons why not work?

Diaw

Childress

Jackson

KMart

Swift or Okur

Not only are the Hawks a tall team, but they're a fast and uptempo type team. The only knock I see from that line up is rebounding.

The Hawks will get banged around offensively and defensively. They need someone bigger than Swift. Swift weighs 225. With this line up, the Hawks need a big bruiser to counter the lack of body mass.

Shaq weighs about 340.

Sorry folks but Knight is building this team to fly up and down the court and play defense and fly up and down the court and get into passing lanes and fly up and down the court....get my drift?

Diaw slows up the tempo of the game and this team will now be like the old Wilkens days, JT is the right man in our hands right now that can do just that...fly up and down the court. JT will be the starter at the point next year.

I think thats the point of drafting all these guys that can play many postions. We can throw all kinds of linups at people.

We could go big with Diaw/Child/Smith's or we could go normal with JT/Child/Diaw. We could have an all quick team out there with JT/Child/Diaw/Smith. WE could go super athletic with Diaw/Child/Smith/Smith.

WE have plenty of linups to throw at people. Should create many matchup problems for opposing teams.