• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stromile Swift and Keon Clark

KB21

Those two players would be two intriguing signings that fit what the Hawks want to do.

Stromile Swift is 6'9", very athletic, and has a 7'3" wingspan. His offensive game is pretty much a face up game, and he can really finish on the fastbreak. Defensively, he is a very good rebounder and shot blocker. He's got very good instincts for blocking shots. I like his upside as a power forward, and I feel he has the potential to be a long term fixture at that position for the Hawks.

Keon Clark is 6'11", extremely athletic, and has a 7'5" wingspan. Like Swift, Clark is a tremendous shot blocker with good defensive instincts. As a center, he will be overpowered down low by bigger players, but no center in the league will be able to run with him. Offensively, he's actually got a good feel about playing on the perimeter, but his post game is relegated to put backs and garbage points. He is a tremendous finisher on the fast break. Unlike Swift, I don't think Clark would be a long term fixture, but he would be a nice player to come in for the time being.

I would like both players. At first I thought clark may be to expensive, but he is coming off and injury. Hopefully the injury will put him at a salary we can handle. Thats a very good defensive team through out that can run, and be athletic.

If clark is getting pushed around one night we can always throw Pryzbilla out there.

• Premium Member

Clark is a flash in the pan... I liked him 2-3 years ago, but he hasn't been that type of player. I like that he's athletic but I would only want him if he was very cheap.

I think it could work with a decent contract to swift... maybe starting at 6.5 Million. I think we can make a contract out to Collier. I think we can make a contract out ot Pryz and Foyle. All of these big men would be rather cheap. I have changed my mind about Martin. He is not as good as the money he would demand. Why overpay? Plus we don't have the PG to make him look good.

JT/Ivy/Ward

Childress/Hansen

Diaw/Josh/Donta

Swift/Collier/CC(IL)/Hendu(IL)

Pryz/Foyle

I think this is just a good lineup to grow with.

I think Knight might be going overboard with the concept of having players with length. Stromile Swift may be okay but if we are relying on Keon Clark (who is only 220lbs) to be our starting center we are in big trouble. He may be long but he is also light in the Cakes. I would much rather have Pryz or Foyle maybe even Ekezie. At least those guys will mix it up in the paint.

Seriously, does wingspan and hand size really matter? I thought basketball players just played basketball. It's blown way too out of proportion.

Ben Wallace: Average length of arms and TINY hands. I'm 6'2" and my hands are barely smaller than his...and there's no way I'll ever palm a basketball.

Length and handsize have nothing to do with anything. What does? Heart, desire, and skill.

Basketball players play basketball. Long arms make no difference.

Case-in-point: Shawn Bradley, Darko.

You are wrong.

Ben Wallace has a gigantic wing span, and that is what makes him effective as a 6'7" center. At 6'7", Wallace's wing span reaches out to around 7'0", and it is that wingspan that essentially makes him a 7 footer in the paint.

I think we are likely to sign Sura and Pryz and then possibly Swift. I'd be really surprised if we signed Foyle or Okur or someone like that. I think BK will want to play his young guys this year and keep the salaries down to remain flexible. Crawford seemed healthy last year, I bet he gets lotsa time at the 4, we protected him from Charlotte I believe. I wouldnt even be surprised to see Hendu back, he's way overpaid but if he can play and we already have to pay then I bet he'll be out there. I guess even with Swift and Pryz and Hendu we'd still need another bigman but I bet he'll be cheap, Ekezie or I'd like to see Alvin Jones Jr.

• Premium Member

We draft Childress with the purpose of him being our starting SG. Hansen is his backup. I think that Sura had a good run with us and might end up in Chicago, but Knight is not going to jump at a good run in the last year of his contract on a losing team at the end of the year. If you don't believe, look at Knight's treatment of Terry. Knight didn't flinch at any of Terry's agents bolsters.. Knight said, we will let the market decide. He wasn't willing to overpay Terry and he didn't. I think the same will happen with Sura. Teams like Chicago might jump to get him but I don't know if Knight would jump so quickly.

Pryz may be different. It's hard to find a good 7 footer.