• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good jobs

BOShforRoy

If anyone has any info about this or has any opinions please feel free to express them. Currently i'm trying to decide whether i should go get addmision into sciences or should i go into business(pre-commerce). If anyone can shine some light and tell me what the better option is and where the potential of getting a decent job is please do. My parents want me to go in sciences but i don't don't know if that's a good option for me since i like economics and had some success in it. Still i feel inclined to take Sciences in order to please my parents. What should i do?

sciences is a much safer bet, where you will alwys be able to find ajob, one that pays decent and is varied in terms ofthe "field" you can go into.

Commerce/business is more like drafting for potential: if you end up havinga true knack for it, your "earning" upside is greater. However, you could end up being Leon Smith too...

• 2 weeks later...

Sciences or business? What do you want to do? Where would you be happy spending at least 40 hours a week for the next 40 years? Not that you can't make a change, but you'll find that you'll be happier doing what you love?

it also, for me, has to do with stimulation. you have to keep in mind that there are very few jobs that you'll "love" every day, or for more than a few years. you get bored with even those things...

in that vein, I'd also say investigate. I was so, so close to going into research (PhD), architecture, and english as majors/professions. But I realized that with research, once you become a full IP/professor, you spend most of your time applying for grants. With architecture, once you establish yourself and move up in a company, you become a business man, selling your firm's ideas and plans, with little actual designing responsibilities. Both of those thigns...you end up not doing what you wanted/were trained to do, the reasons that you went into the field. with english...well, I wanted to be able to make some money, and decided I didn't want to take the risks/suffering of being a beat writer/struggling professor without many other opportunities....

it's all about introspection and information. Know why you're going into a field, what the risks are, and what you'll be doing when you get further down the line/up the ladder.