• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks need to make a move and stop standing still

Blunt91

I know Babs has stated that it will probably be around September before any trade will happen,but do we have to wait that long. Our competiton in the East(the Cletics) have just gotten better with the acquisiton of Vin Baker and Shammond Williams. They were already better than us now this helps them even more. I thought Ira would have been signed to a contract by now.We might as well cut the spot for Leon because he isn't going to make the team. Futhermore if Eric Mussleman leaves the Hawks who replaces him? We already have to get some one to replace Mahorn,so we would have 2vacant coaching spots.

Yes I was also wondering why Ira hasn't been signed yet. The celts just got so much better, they now have 3 positions on the court where they can get 20 pts by 2 guys and 16-17 pts by one guy. I'm not sure if Vin Baker can return back to his allstar form, but one thing for sure he will help that team tremendously. Does this mean that Pierce will be SG and Walker SF? Because I seriously doubt that Baker can play Center.

The East this year will be very competitive. Alot of teams have gotten better such as the Heat, Celts, Knicks, Hawks, Wiz, Bucks & Magics. Considering that the Nets, Pacers, Raps, Pistons & Hornets.......heck even the Bulls have gotten better. It won't be too easy to earn a playoff spot this year, but we gonna have to.

We have very good players in every position, especially JT at the point, Reef at PF & Theo at Center. We also have a veteran bench (for the exeption of Dickau)that can come in and put some points on the board. Guys like Hendu, Kukoc, Dion, Nazr, Ira, Crawford and Dickau......even Haslem can come in and get the job done.

I truly still feel we can be one of the East top 5 teams. We have talent, leadership, veterans and a strong bench to do what we guaranteed to do and that is a playoff berth.

I would qualify the trade for Dickau as not standing still, as they upgraded a part of their rotation for next year.

Now, it's not a trade for a SF/SG starting type, but Pete has said that IF a trade is made, it will likely happen later in the summer/early fall.

And why cut Leon now when we could wait until we have to? What's the point? We should hang onto him in case he can be used as a trade filler or something and then release him when the league declares we have to be at 12.

Will you pull the trigger on this trade. Say the Heat are offering Eddie Jones/ 1st round pick for Glover/Dickau. Would you pull this trade?

I certainly would, we get the guy we always wanted. In EJ we get the 18-20 ppg player, that can play tenanious D and can hit 3 pts left and right, can penetrate and draw fouls, this is the guy the guy that can take us to the next level. He is very injury free and a true citizen, never complains and plays hard every night. A true proven veteran SG, still kind of young at 29 years old.

We give Glover which he certainly still hasnt proven himself but some GM's might bite on him sice he won the Shaw MVP and all and in reality Glover can score and defend quite well. In Dickau Miami gets their young future PG that they will desperately need and sit behind Strickland, learn some and have some significant playing time. With this trade Miami gets young and very talented and this trade will also benefit us, because this is what Babs is looking for. An Eddie Jones type guard, we get it with this trade, in addition with a future 1st round pick.

We shouldn't rush to make a move just because Boston did. If the choice is between a decent trade now, or a great trade in September, I'd rather wait. For some reason, Babs has maintained that any move that he makes, will likely happen around that time. If he feels he can get a better deal at that time, I don't see a reason to rush him.

I am not sold on the Celts trade. If Baker plays like he did in the playoffs this past season then the trade might work. Otherwise this trade could destroy the team's chemistry. Baker will probably want to play the 4 while the team will move Walker to the 3. This hurts the Celts D b/c Eric Williams is a better defender on the perimeter than Walker. Kenny A has really adjusted his game and was helping the Celts at the point. He was actually becoming a good role player. Shammond Williams is a shoot first point guard who is better suited coming off the pine as instant O. With Williams, Walker, Pierce and Baker on the floor, is there enought balls to go around? The Celts made the playoffs last year b/c the team had been together several years and the new coach was better suited to the guys than Pitino. Our best chance to make the playoffs may be to have our guys healthy and playing together for one full season as opposed to looking for trades as the answer.