• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Scottie Pippen?

jezmund

Hendu/Kukoc/CC for Pippen works on realgm.......

Maybe Portland would help us out? Would Pippen want to be here? I think he could provide exactly what Kukoc did when healthy. 3 bad contracts for one horible contract. I really like this though.....

JT

DJ

Pippen

SAR

Theo

Don't forget Pippen is a much better defender than Kukoc as well. We'd be able to match up with the opposing teams SG/SF on defense with DJ/Pippen. If we could somehow woo Portland into doing this, I think a change in scenery would do a lot for Scottie.

He will probably retire after this season when his contract is over b/c he will then be worthless, he is only playing for the money now, he has all the rings he needs.

Actually that is a good thing. We would have some cap room to sign a free agent then.

Not bad if you think of the big picture. Hendu and Crawford are the 2 guys who are over paid and taking up a roster spot for the next 2 to 3 years.

I'd do it.

This would be a great deal. Dumping the 3 mentioned players doesn't hurt us at all. CC at present doesn't have a spot in the rotation. Pippin replaces Kukoc and we sign Newble and Haslem to complete the roster. Haslem replacing Henderson (a huge upgrade in heart).

We'd have JT/DJ/Pip/SAR/Theo to start and

DD/DG/IRA/Haslem/Nazr off the bench with

Emanuel Davis and Leon Smith as backups.

We could cut Davis and sign Miles Simon.

This works for me. Pippen is poorly used in Portland and still a quality player. He could play 2 years with us, retire and then move on. More importantly, look at that defense on the floor. Pippen, DJ and Theo on the floor all at once and JT is a much better defender at the PG than at SG. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat.

Nice, but I think they'd require a center to justify the deal. Hendu & CC both have negative value, while Nazr is a solid rebounder and brings another 6 fouls to go against Shaq. I think maybe something like Toni, Hendu, & Nazr for Pippen/filler (Randolf?)with maybe a future pick thrown in by us.

I'm pretty sure Pippen will be traded somewhere this year. His contract will have plenty of teams asking for him, and Portland has no chance at getting under the cap until Kemps contract is up.

If it took Nazr/Hendu/Kukoc to grab Scottie then I would want another veteran and maybe a draftpick to come along with him. Either Dale Davis comes along with him or like a Steve Kerr and a 1st round pick. I think Dale Davis would be much needed if we gave up both Nazr/Hendu but it might be asking a little much.

JT/DD/Email

DJ/DG

Pip/Ira

SAR/Haslem

Ratliff/DD/Smith?

IL: CC

Nazr/Hendu/Kukoc for Pippen/Kerr/1st rounder is the only trade that works salary wise. I'm not sure even if that is a good deal for us because we definitely need some vet's on the bench but I really like what Pippen brings if focused and the contracts we are giving up.

OK...

What's in it for Portland?

They don't really want any of those players.

Trader Bob is smart. He knows his team needs a C and he has 2 HUGE Shortterm Contracts that will be up after next season...

Pippen's and Kemp's. I think even Mighty Mouse's is due also.

IF he can wait those 3 out, Portland will have lots o cash to spend.

However, what PTL would want from us is NAZR.

They have Davis who is unhappy.

They have nobody else but Kemp to play C.

Kemp's a big boy but not a dominant rebounder. Although you play him 38 he'll get you 10.

However, Nazr is a good rebounder. very good. I suppose if we offered him up with Hendu... They would listen.

Accourding to Hoopshype.com:

Pippen's & Davis are up after this season.

Kemp & Rasheed are up after 03/04.

Damon the year after.

They will most definatly be over the cap for the next two years, since Kemp makes over half the cap by himself.

I doubt they will see cap space even then unless they let Rasheed go.

We've discussed possible trades for Portland before, giving them Nazr and us getting Bonzi. Obviously it'd have to be a SNT and who else we included depends on the new contract Bonzi signs (he's an rFA).

But I think that they've learned from their mistakes as far as too many chiefs...Nazr'd be the perfect fit for them. With the emergence of Patterson, the drafting of Woods, and Bonzi's comments...they really need to trade one of their sf's.

I think that it'd be a realistic trade for us...hey, throw in Leon, he'd fit in great up there...