• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Resigned Collier???

Weez

I have to agree Trace. Who else is available at that price? Big men do not come often and they never come cheap. If they can run the floor and play a little bit, they will get paid. Finding or having a 7 footer at C is essential to compete in the New East. I think his signing was a necessary step to help rebuild the team. We need to sign the other wide body we have (Pryz) to help slow down Shaq. I am sure other teams in the east are looking at him afresh.

His contract allows us to get a really good center if one becomes available in a few years. Why, because we did not offer him an extended contract. In three years-- Bye bye. His contract fills an immediate need and we did not pay out of the wazu to get him. It was a prudent move that fills an immediate hole in this team, by default it helps to rebuild to team.

I guess you want some convert PF center want to be to play C. This guy is not an allstar but for now, he will do....He is NOT OUR FUTURE center. Of course we will need an upgrade

Lousy centers are PAID in the NBA. For the NBA today, there is such a shortage at the C position that "NBL" players like you say Hotlanta get a CHANCE. Its called desperation for a short supply of Centers, thats why a Center with a below average game makes a MINIMUM of the MLE, making this contract seem like a steal. Tell me how many backup Centers in this league are making less than 2 mil per year, Hotlanta. I doubt you can count 3. This is a bargain basement price for a guy who plays hard and has fundamentals. He will be a nice role player for Mike Woodson off the bench. You'll see.

no, he's not part of our LT future...but how can you be upset with his signing?

honestly.

he cost us nothing in cap space in terms of getting another player this year...and it's widely known that we don't just need one center, we need at least two, probably three (with one being a 4/5).

Quote:

would of been Babcock, we would of lost Jax and get nothing in return.

laugh.gif Or worse, he would have sent Terry for Harrington and still lost JAX.

Collier is a bargain at that price. no brainer as far as I am concerned.

Quote:

I just knew dumb Billy would re-sign this scrub. How

come I'm not surprised. Good job BIlly(sarcasm)

Let me clue you in to what dumb is:

Shawn Bradley, you remember him? Plays for the Mavericks.

Here is some info on his stat line and the money he signed for:

A seven year deal in 2001 for 42 million.

He made 3.5 million last year to put up these numbers:

3.3 pts, 2.6 boards, and 1.1 blocks

Just to show you my thinking is not skewed, because last year was Bradley's worst year. Here is the stat line from his best year since signing that contract.

Year 2001, Bradley averaged:

7.1 pts, 7.5 boards, and 2.8 blocks and he made 4.1 mill that year.

We got Collier for two years at a better price than Bradley for one year. Here is Colliers stats from last year:

11.3 pts, 5.6 boards, and .6 blocks

I will take Collier over Bradley any day of the week.

Quote:

You have to be patient. Nobody wanted to play in Denver 3 years ago either, same for Cleveland."

Easier said than done

I hope Kenyon stinks it up in Denver.

laugh.gif

Patience is not a virtue of mine either. But the older I get the more I seem to aquire it. We will eventually have a good team, there is no doubt in my mind about that.