• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something Tells Me That K-Mart To DEN Is NOT A

Traceman

done deal. I may be wrong but I have a feeling that DEN is balking at paying K-Mart the max and that has become a sticking point. Word is that DEN wants to do a sign and trade to prevent NJ from being able to just match an offer sheet but I think it is more than that. I think Kiki is looking at the big picture realizing that he needs an upgrade at SG but if he signs K-Mart to a max deal, he won't have room to upgrade the position now or in the near future. Remember, he is going to have to pay Nene and Carmelo at some point. I think Kiki wants to sign K-Mart to a deal slightly bigger than what Boozer got (maybe 6 yrs/$75M) but K-Mart wants the whole $85M or so he could get.

I won't be surprised to hear in the next day or so that K-Mart is seriously considering signing with the Hawks in an effort to get DEN to offer the whole max. They may or may not do it. If they don't, K-Mart may end up here after all. I don't think his pride will let him accept less than the max in DEN if we are truly offering the max.

If I were in his shoes that is how I would play it. Take the pay and call it a day. Denver has reason to be concern about a max deal for K-mart. Why should they hand cuff themselves when they have such a promising future? Personally I have concerns about a max deal for him to come to the hawks, but if he signs I would support him though. I just do not feel that he is worth that kind of money.

Kiki is conservative with the money and he does need more than just Kmart to make a run for the Western Conference title.

I feel same way about Kmart now that we have Harrington. If we sign Kenyon, that would move Harrington to the 3 for the bulk of his minutes. I think it would work but then our draft picks would have to play the 2 in order to get theirs.

I am not totally sold on Childress playing the 2 yet. Hope he can but he will have to show me on the court before I will be comfortable with it.

• Premium Member

Kmart is looking for a 6 yr 84 million dollar deal. I would offer a 5 yr 60 million dollar deal.

Now that we have Harrington, getting Kmart is NOT a Neccessity. We like him but we're not going bankrupt to get him... Especially if Denver is playing hardball too.

What the league is really saying is that Kmart is NOT WORTH the Money.

10, 11, 12, 13, 14....

He gets the standard players option at the end of the 4th yr.

Quote:

done deal. I may be wrong but I have a feeling that DEN is balking at paying K-Mart the max and that has become a sticking point. Word is that DEN wants to do a sign and trade to prevent NJ from being able to just match an offer sheet but I think it is more than that. I think Kiki is looking at the big picture realizing that he needs an upgrade at SG but if he signs K-Mart to a max deal, he won't have room to upgrade the position now or in the near future. Remember, he is going to have to pay Nene and Carmelo at some point. I think Kiki wants to sign K-Mart to a deal slightly bigger than what Boozer got (maybe 6 yrs/$75M) but K-Mart wants the whole $85M or so he could get.

I won't be surprised to hear in the next day or so that K-Mart is seriously considering signing with the Hawks in an effort to get DEN to offer the whole max. They may or may not do it. If they don't, K-Mart may end up here after all. I don't think his pride will let him accept less than the max in DEN if we are truly offering the max.

nice theory but wrong.

I can't beleive that DEN is willing to not only offer K-Mart the max, but to offer him between $20M and $30M up front when they already have a terrific young PF in Nene and a big hole at SG. Voshon Lenard is decent but I think Q Rich, Ginobili or Jamaal Crawford would have been a better fit and they could have been had for a LOT less money.

Quote:

I can't beleive that DEN is willing to not only offer K-Mart the max, but to offer him between $20M and $30M up front when they already have a terrific young PF in Nene and a big hole at SG. Voshon Lenard is decent but I think Q Rich, Ginobili or Jamaal Crawford would have been a better fit and they could have been had for a LOT less money.

That is very surprising. I've read reports that they are actually considering starting Melo at SG, KMart at SF, Nene at PF and Camby at center. Melo is athletic enough to play the 2 so it could work. I hope it fails though and we somehow can pull off a Joe Johnson for Nene trade.

is his best position. He's a decent ballhandler but I don't think he handles it well enough to play SG full time. In addition, he's quick for his size but I can't imagine him trying to guard some of the quicker SGs on the perimeter. Melo is about as pure a SF as there is.

As for K-Mart, he can guard most SFs but offensively, he wouldn't be nearly as effective. He won't be taking many SFs off the dribble and his range is limited on his J.

The bottom line is that they could get away with Melo at SG and K-Mart at SF for stretches, but I'll be surprised to see them go with that as their primary lineup.

if you were the nuggs, would you bank on camby being healthy most of the season? what about the upcoming ones? yeah...

they can also trade Nene later on, to a team what was a SG they're willing to part with for a coveted bigman.

Didn't they sign him to a 6 yr/$60M deal or something like that? I am sure a significant part, if not all, of that is guaranteed.

As for trading Nene later, you're right, they could do that. But what if he blows up and they don't want to trade him? I think he has a tremendous amount of upside and he could very well be the best big guy they have in a year or 2.

Quote:

Quote:

That is very surprising. I've read reports that they are actually considering starting Melo at SG, KMart at SF, Nene at PF and Camby at center. Melo is athletic enough to play the 2 so it could work. I hope it fails though and we somehow can pull off a Joe Johnson for Nene trade.

dont count on it.