NY sends Thomas to DAL.

ATL sends Kukoc to DAL.

NY sends Spreewell to ATL.

NY gets Van Exel, Mohammed, Bradley.

DAL gets Thomas, Kukoc.

ATL gets Sprewell.

Final lineups:

HAWKS

Ratliff/???(Clark if we would pay the luxury tax)

SAR/Hendu

DJ/Ira/CC

Sprewell/Glover

JT/DD/E-Mail

KNICKS

Mohammed/Bradley/Knight

McDyess/Harrington

Anderson/Spoon

Houston/Postell

Van Exel/Ward/Eisley/Williams*

*IR

MAVS

LaFrentz/Eschmeyer

Thomas/Najera

Nowitzki/Kukoc

Finley/Wahad

Nash/Johnson

We get the SG/SF we need, NY gets the PG and Center(s) they need and Dallas gets the rugged rebounding PF/Center they need. Everybody wins!

By the way, it worked on Real GM.

All our systems are down except internet! I actually came up with this one on the drive in this morning.

I don't really see a down side to the trade for anyone. Van Exel will give NY every bit as much scoring as Spree did (maybe more) plus they get Nazr to start at Center. Even Bradley is an upgrade over Knight.

Thomas will give DAL some desperately needed toughness inside and Kukoc would be solid off the bench if he could stay healthy. I could even see them going with:

LaFrentz

Nowitzki

Kukoc

Finley

Nash

at times. Talk about spreading the floor! How could teams possibly matchup with that?

It's obvious what the trade does for us.

It might not be the ideal situation for NY but what better options do they have? They are capped out forever with guys like Ward, Eisley, Spoon, Knight and Anderson.

The question marks are Leon Smith. He's under contract and they haven't given up on him yet (though it ain't looking good).

I'd do that trade in a New York minute and so would the Knicks, but I don't think Dallas would....someone would have to send them a future pick.

I like it, except one thing...

With some of the other deals NY is haggling over...

Spree to Minn for Nestor/Wally.

Spree/Ward/Thomas to Cleveland for Illgauskas/Miller/Murry

Spree/Thomas/Picks to N.O. for Davis/Campbell

What makes this deal (where they get.... Nazr, Bradley, and Van Exel) better?

And....

If it's Van Exel..

Why not offer Spree/Thomas for Van Exel/Lafrentz (SNT).

In other words...

Why involve us at All?

1) "Spree to Minn for Nestor/Wally." McHale already made it CLEAR that MIN had ZERO interest in Spree or anyone else on the Knicks' roster. Did you read the quote where he dissed NY and the NY media?

2) "Spree/Ward/Thomas to Cleveland for Illgauskas/Miller/Murry"

Why would CLE do that? They already have Wagner and Murray and they will probably resign Davis for less 1/3 of what Spree makes. Why do they need Spree? NOBODY wants Ward and his contract and Kurt Thomas is solid but not much better than what they already have. They can get FAR more for Miller than that (Odom, Wilcox, Ely has already been offered).

3) Spree/Thomas/Picks to N.O. for Davis/Campbell . Why would NY do that? They can get a lot more for Davis than that including the same package I mentioned with LAC.

The Knicks are not in the driver's seat regarding ANY deals. Not many teams want what they have to offer.

4) "Why not offer Spree/Thomas for Van Exel/Lafrentz (SNT).

In other words...

Why involve us at All?"

Again, no way Dallas does that. DAL wanted Spree/Thomas for Van Exel/filler (i.e Bradley or Eschmeyer).