• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could BK be picking up the Pieces???

Diesel

• Premium Member

There's a lot of speculation on why we are getting Damp. Some have said that it's to go after Swift who West will not release.

However.......

Let me put a new thought into your minds....

Could Damp be used to get Dwight Howard in trade. BK made no bones about it that he really liked Howard. The Magic may find that they don't have the time to wait on his development. What the Magic Lack is a C, if Damp comes in a play well, it's possible that Damp/1st is moved for Howard/Kato...

Giving Orl.

Francis/Mobley/Turk/Gooden/Damp.

Giving us.

JT/J-Chill/J-Smooth/Lil Al/Howard.

hmm?

That would be a great trade for Atlanta but there is no way Orlando would do it, none. With the decision to trade Tmac Orlando is in as much of a rebuilding mode as the Hawks are. If they did not want to wait to rebuild they could have simply drafted Okafor.

• Premium Member

I agree with you... However, I thnk they didn't select Okafor simply because of his back. Moreover, one thing that you have to pay attention to in this scenerio is...What will be around?

Orlando has always been a place that can attract FAs, however, many people have already written Grant Hill off. What if Grant comes back and can play at a high level. It would kind of kill this thought of rebuilding slowly....

Francis/Mobley/Hill/Turk/Damp

Is a squad that can play together for at least 2 more yrs and be productive (depending on Grant). Can you imagine the battle between Wade/Shaq vs. Francis/Damp?

If Howard is slow developing, I think Orlando would start to consider it, especially with the first.

I doubt that will happen. Dwight Howard has played pretty well for an 18 year old this summer. I don't think Orlando is going to give them up for "The only reason I played hard last season is because it was a contract year" Dampier.

diesel is talking about december-february timeframe

he's saying if damp comes in and plays great and orlando is playing well and hill is back and they are gelling, but howard is holding them back with his development, they may be willing to trade to go for the gold this year

but there are a lot of things that have to fall just right for this to be a consideration

• Premium Member

Exactly..

I'm saying that:

1. If Damp comes in a plays as well as he did in GS (thus disproving the contract year theory).

and

2. Hill comes back from Injury and plays at a high level.

That this trade could happen before Feb.

Why?

1. The East is on the rise and will not be weak again for some time.

2. We have the time to wait on the development of Howard and he would really be an asset to us, whereas Orlando may not (given their roster and the ages thereof).

I think one thing about BK is that he doesn't overcomplicate things with crazy diabolical schemes. He has basic guidelines that he sticks to

I'm sure his intent with Dampier is that he will provide us with a center for at least 3-4 years so Shaq doesn't demolish us. But he is well aware that with the shortage of big men Dampier could be coveted and could be shopped along with capspace as the deadline approaches

I doubt he has specific teams in mind to trade with at this point, it just doesn't seem like his style

There is NO WAY that Orlando trades the first pick in the draft with enormous upside for a 30 year old center while they are rebuilding. If Grant Hill plays at a high level, they will trade him. Mark my words.

Absolutely no chance.