• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel trades JT again!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

JT/Hansen to Milwaukee for Mason/Gadzurich.

Gotta love this trade....

I would pick up Charlie Ward as PG.

Ward/Mason/J-Smooth/Lil Al/Gadzurich...

It fits the mold...

Young, Atheletic defensive.

TJ Ford won' t be ready to play for a while. In the meanwhile, they need help. JT fills their need. Hansen gives them an atheletic BU behind Redd. I think a JT/Redd backcourt would be dangerous.

We get Des Mason who is a stud but comes off the bench. We get Gadzurich who is a cheap stud at C.

We are going to need more than Charlie Ward at pointguard to be competitve. We are weak at PG as well that is why Billy Knight hasn't pull the trigger on JT because he can't get back a PG of equal quality who is going to fit our style of play. Is Raul Lopez a FA?? I wouldn't mind signing him. I doubt Utah would do that. Now that is a person I wouldn't mind trading Boris Diaw for to get on the team. Boris Diaw for Raul Lopez, do you think the jazz would bite?

• Premium Member

The Jazz are definitely strong at Sf considering Boozer plays PF and AK goes to Sf with Harpring as BU....

I think Charlie Ward would be sufficient for what we are trying to do this year. Remember, the Goal is not to win it all, but the goal is to develop.

Ward/Mason/J-Smooth/Lil Al/Gadzuric would definitely be competitive by default. Also, we haven't spent any money so we have tons of money as next year roles around.

As with alot of your trades, I'd love it but there's not a chance they'd do it. They have TJ Ford, and we don't know that he won't be ready for a while. Gadzuric is not so bad and Hansen has yet to show anything . Mason is awesome in some regards. Why oh why would they send the SF and C of their future for a backup PG and backup SG?

• Premium Member

Ford is not going to be healthy for a few months. I think that JT adds the value of having a player that can play PG and the value of having a player that they can trade later.

As far as Mason Goes, if he's loved in Milwaukee, they have a funny way of showing it.

Van Horn is not a PF.

• Premium Member

I'm not saying that Ward is a must have... I mean, you can just as easily try to trade Hansen for Arroyo or Lopez? While Sending JT/Diaw for Mason/Gadzuric.

However...

Ward brings a lot of the qualities that we would need.

1. Experienced playmaker.

2. Vet Leader.

3. Can hit the three point shot.

4. Plays defense.

Even if we got a guy like Arroyo and let him be the starting PG, i would still like a guy like Ward off the bench.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Ward doesn't have Jason Terry's speed to run the uptempo game we want.

Speed - Basketball IQ = 30-52 on the season.

When I see Ward, I don't see the future. But I see the most experience PG on the market. Your thinking is all run blunt. It doesn't take a fast PG to run an uptempo game. It takes a smart PG to run an uptempo game. JT is not that smart and that's been proven over and over. Magic was not that fast, but he had an immeasurable Basketball IQ AND Desire. I think Ward is a guy who can come in and play 20-23 mpg and give us some leadership. I suppose that there might be another young PG that we can trade for who can be what we need. BUT JT is not it.

JT has no court vision.

JT has low basketball IQ.

JT doesn't try on defense.

He shows no leadership yet he wears a big C on his Jersey. As soon as we can get rid of him, the better.

JT had no help or was with players that didn't fit with him, because Babcock assembled the team with no vision and wassn't the sole reason a team goes 30-52....he was one of the reasons the team avoids going 20-62, because they have other pieces that suck or don't fit.

• Premium Member

JT Excuse #32... JT had no help...

There is a host of guys who were brought in with the specific job to help JT. Even with those guys here, JT never did anything to improve. In fact, all that he did was turn the offense over those guys like Toni and ran around calling himself a "Guard" as to mean he was a shooting guard on offense. JT has no very little court vision. JT has very little basketball IQ. As soon as somebody with those qualities come along, JT defers the offense to them and sets up to shoot. I once heard Isiah say that as a PG you want the ball in your hands at all times. He talked about being the one who makes the play. I've heard similar from Magic and Marbury. It's a desire that you are born with. JT doesn't have it.

Isaiah had Joe Dumars. Not too shabby. JT has had Email, young Dermarr Johnson, who else? lol... You saw how much we improved in our back court when Sura was there like I did. Sura was the first decent guy we had paired with JT in the backcourt. Don't tell me JT had help. It isn't excuse its fact.

Yeah but Terry still didn't look for his shot when Sura and Jax were playing. He still let those 2guys get theirs. Maybe it will be different now that Jackson is gone and JT can take more shots. When was the last time Jason Terry scored 30+points in a game?? He didn't even get that in a double overtime game against the Rockets last year.

Ward is 34yearsold but I don't see anybody giving him more than a 1year deal. Utah isn't going to let Arroyo go and probably not Lopez either unless we can convince them to take Hansen or Diaw off of our hands.

• Moderators

I hope that was a joke about Kukoc. When's the last time he played a full season? It wasn't with the Hawks. I like the guy but jeez.

The problem is you look at JT like he's supposed to be a league superstar and save the franchise. Truth is he's a good scorer (and don't belittle that on this team) and his speed is better than most in the league. On a good team he will be extremely valuable. On a bad team he looks bad like everyone else in the league.

On our team as it stands who do you want taking the last shot? Diaw? a rookie? Harrington? Crawford? We need JT.

Next to Pippen, Kukoc is probably the best POINT FORWARD in league history. Sure he hasnt been healthy in forever, but when he first came here he was a very important player. Of course there really havent been many point forwards to stack him up against, so the day will come when he will no longer be considered one of the best.

Oh and speaking of taking the last shot.........I dont want JT taking it, I want Harrington taking it. As far as I am concerned, this is his team now. He is going to be our leader. I want the ball in our leaders hands when the game is on the line. I like JT a lot, but he has disappeared in too many games during long stretches for me to want the ball in his hands with the game on the line. If it has to be a 3 ball though I would probably let JT take it.