Diesel's World Famous Trade of the DAY....

SAR/Hendu to Indy for Croshere/Oneal.

This trade makes us Better! Here's my details on why we do it.

First off comparison.

SAR is better than ONeal. NO doubt. Also Oneal may never catch up to SAR offensively. SAR just has too many ways to beat a person....BUT... Defensively, Oneal + Theo would be the best front court in the game.

I believe Indy bites on the second part even harder than the first.

Croshere has a long guaranteed Contract and Isiah hates him. However, Hendu's contract is now short. Hendu is a legend in Indiana. He's a good BU at PF and C.

So let's answer the important questions.

1. Why does INdy trade Oneal?

a. They get a better player in SAR.

b. Maybe they don't want to go through the salary fight at the end of the yr with Oneal.

2. Why do we trade SAR?

a. Better defender and defensive front with ONeal and Theo.

b. There's some value in getting Croshere.

3. What's the hidden value of getting overpaid Croshere.

- I would play Croshere at SF most of the time. I think that Croshere is a player who lives by Confidence. Without Confidence, he's sunk. Isiah hasn't done anything to fix his confidence.

So, I would line it up like this:

Theo/Nazr

Oneal/Haslem(if that's who you like)

Croshere/Toni/CC

DJ/Dion/Ira

JT/DD

Bring on the flames.

I don't know about flames, but I don't really like it.

You are right that SAR is better than O'Neal. I believe that Indiana, like anyone else except maybe Sacramento would want SAR. The problem is do you trade for Croshere. At there position I think that Hendu and Croshere are equal. They both have the ability to light it up every once in a while, they both play with hustle, they both play ONLY when there confidence is up. If either one of them gets down on themselves, they sulk for weeks. They are both injury prone (Hendu a little more than Austin). The question then becomes what are the pros and cons.

Pro:

a) fill a need area (we need a SF more then a PF)

Con:

a) Hendu's contract is better than Austin's (well a little at least)

b) WE will be overloaded at SG/SF (Austin, Toni, CC, Ira, DG, DJ, JT)

c) Is the difference worth the SAR/O'Neal swap

d) All things being equal, I don't trade big for small. It needs to be a little less equal in favor of big

b)

Interesting trade there. I might be inclined to do it (tenatively); depends on how much longer Croshere's contract is.? It'd also bring excitement to the team and we'd truly be a "run and gun" type offense. However, RLHawks' analysis is pretty dead on. tough call, but an interesting proposal diesel.

• Premium Member

When you actually start Watching teams other than the Hawks and recognizing the value of players who don't wear Hawks Jerseys... Let me know.

You're the same guy who said BIg Dog plays good defense? Right???

When? When he's beating women up???

The point is... You don't know how valueable Jermaine ONeal is... Yet you have already concluded that Trading SAR is Losing the future. IN some circles.. Oneal is said to have a HIGHER upside than SAR simply because he does play better defense. However, I know better than to argue basketball with a homer...

• Premium Member

Interesting points.

I believe that Toni and CC must be moved and I don't know if we will sign Ira without moving Somebody....

BUT....

The best part of the deal is getting Oneal Defense....

AND

Croshere isn't as bad as Hendu. I think that Croshere would be a pretty good third Option.

For INstance.

Would you do a Hendu for Croshere trade?

I would simply because Croshere can play some Sf and he does have range on his shot.

The only reason Indy would have for doing it is:

Hendu played for IU.

Hendu's contract is shorter.

Hendu can BU the C position.

Otherwise, I don't know if they would.

We could debate about Hendu versus Austin forever. I really don't love either one of them. I hope to make a trade that will land us a really good SF. I believe that will include at least Nazr if not Toni and DG also. If that turns out to be for a 20PPG type of player like Big Dog or someone wiht questionable Defense, then this trade makes a whole lot more since. If not, then we need depth at PF/C which is what Hendu offers.

My trouble with getting Austin is that he is not as good as I would want. I think if this was the only change, during a season without a better SF, we would end up playing DG and/or DJ at SF ahead of him and he would begin sulking. Lon would get pissed off and then we have a SF with a horrible contract that is of very little good to us.

One other problem witht he trade is chemistry. I am not sure it would take much for O'Neal to fit in, but you hate to mess with it if it doesn't make you much better.

• Premium Member

Mike...

I talked to God about it...

He said it was alright.

In Fact, Jesus told me that he forgives me.

Before you start throwing any other Stones or "holier than thou" promotions... Remember that if we go back a few days on the board, it would be easy to find place where you... A twelve yr old littered the board with Posts filled with [censored]. Did you remember to ask God if that was alright??

• Premium Member

Unless you have suddenly become god, I am not making fun of God...

What I am saying is do not say one thing of horrible taste on Monday... Then try to cloak yourself with Self Righteousness on Tuesday?

The one thing that you will find in this life that is true... Is that "All have sinned and have fallen SHORT of the Glory of GOD". IN other words... Nobody is perfect or Righteous yet. That being said... It is wrong to use your "self image" as a measuring stick for others. Because we always see ourselves as being better than we really are. It's only GRACE that makes us what we are and that's whatever we are.

Better rebounder,better defender,more upside,more blocks

and can defend either the 4 or 5.And still averages 20PPG

and WILL get better.Indy wouldn't trade O'Neal for Shareef

but I would do this trade if they would.

Lets break it down:

Better scorer:Same

Better rebounder:O'Neal 11RPG to 9RPG

Better defender:O'Neal

Better shotblocker:Oneal with 1.5blk more a game

Wrong,everyone other than this board knows O'Neal is

better and has more upside and can play two positions

almost equally aswell.

In addition, O'Neal averaged 10.5 rbg to Reef's 9.0 rbg (not two full rbg). Reef also averaged twice as many apg (3.1 to 1.5) and twice as many spg (1.27 to .63).

Reef can also play two positions almost equally well. He's every bit as good a SF as O'Neal is a Center. As far as who's better, right now, I still think Reef is a little better but I do think O'Neal has more upside because of his size and athleticism.