• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Beautiful BS by Rivera

CBAreject

Bosox are now 2 losses back of the Yankees with 5 more games left between the two teams. A blown save by the best closer in history leaves the door open for an improbable overtaking.

Can I have my BWA-HA? 183 million dollar payroll not good enough to win the division? Oh, I can hardly bear it. Don't blow this chance, Bosox. Don't blow it. Bosox curse be damned. The curse of ARod will take the Yanks down.

I'm not at all pro-Red Sox, as you know. I'm anti-Yankees. Red Sox winning the division would've been icing on the cake. The real prize is watching the Yankees and their grossly inflated payroll lose out on their devalued world series title.

I have no intention of defending the Sox propensity to choke. However, I would hesitate to say that they 'CAN'T' beat the Yanks. 'Can' and 'will' are different things, though. All that is important is that some team, and preferably a low-payroll team (ala Angels '02 and Marlins '03), beats the Yankees in October. Then, I will have my BWA-HA once again (4 years running). Only this time it will be sweeter because of ARod.

I'm not sure 'Don't blow this one, Red Sox' counts as talking trash, and I'm disappointed in you for thinking that it does. We have multiple words in the dictionary for a reason--it prevents ambiguity that arises from using the same word or phrase for several different things.

Trash talking would be 'Yeah, Red Sox rule; Yankees suck! Who's da boss now, biznatch?'

Nothing has changed. I still want to see the Yankees and their $190 million payroll lose. I don't care if the Red Sox, Twins, or Angels do it...or some NL team. Whatever. Just get it done.