• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BREAKING NEWS: Crawford Likely Out For Season

BillShanks

By Bill Shanks

15th October, 2004 0:13 AM

Sources have told Hawks Front Office that Forward Chris Crawford is likely out for the season with a sprained right knee.

Crawford went down with 3:16 remaining in the third quarter of Thursday night's game with Minnesota. The Hawks were on a fast break and it appeared that his right knee gave way when he tried to stop suddenly. Hawks coaches and trainer Wally Blase gathered around Crawford and helped him off the court.

The initial report is that Crawford's injury is season-ending. A MRI is scheduled for Friday.

Crawford missed most of the 2001-2002 season and part of the next season after tearing his ACL in a game in San Antonio on November 10, 2001.

HFO will have complete coverage of the Hawks game in Birmingham early Friday morning

on this new Atlanta Hawks team with the injury to Crawford. This will give a young guy a chance to step in. Big loss and I never wish an injury to anyone, but this may be better for the team in the long run with the development of our young players. Maybe Josh Smith can get more time on the court.

this will hurt us this year

crawford woulda been a good backup pf if healthy and woulda helped us win a few games extra

hopefully the young players that get extra time because of this will improve enough to make it worth the loss

if he is out, it's probably cc's last time in an NBA uniform...no reason for anybody to sign him since he's always injured, so is just a roster space filler

Quote:

Employee8, just curious but when is the last time you played a sport at the level of the NBA and not been hurt?

Excuse me but what is THAT supposed to mean?

I was merely basing what I stated on Chris's HISTORY OF KNEE PROBLEMS which has seemed to be the norm from the time he arrived here. That's why I made the Glass-Knee comment....'cause IT'S TRUE,period.