• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kahn:Terry removed from top 50...headed in wrong

Fixed Link -- Click here

He takes out Camby and Theo because of injuries and yet he rides all up on Dices' NUTs? What kind of logic is that? How is JT headed in the wrong direction? Didnt he improve on his numbers last year from the previous year? Hadnt we added a major player to our team to take away from his PPG? Didnt he have crap to pass to or defer to other than SAR? That guy is totally wacko and he is now another reason why I cant stand Sportsline. Its just another example of people putting too much stock into where one player in team game has taken his team to. How about Bibby 20something.......I am gonna write his sorry a** about that article too.

Note to columnist --

JT 19.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.7 apg, 1.85 spg, 43% fg, 39% 3pt fg

Bibby 13.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.1 spg, 45% fg, 37% 3pt fg

JT is better in 5 out of 6 categories than Bibby is with Bibby only having a 2% better FG percentage. What kinda crap is that.

How about going in the wrong direction? Bibbys stats went down 2.2 ppg, 3.4 apg, 1 rpg from the previous season, and yet is went from not even in the top 50 to 20 something? Strange how a move from Van to SAC can change all of that huh.

On the other hand JT either went up or slighty down in every category from the previous year. His stats were very close to the previous years stats and thats without SAR to take away some of his points.

In reply to:

Mike I am sorry but you are just one of the many NBA writers that is just all over Bibbys jock (for lack of a better term). I dont understand how you came to some of your conclusions here. How can you write that Camby and Theo Ratliff must be taken off the list because of injuries and yet you then follow that up with praise for Dice and Zo, who have spent the past 2 years injured as well? Ratliff is one of the best centers in the east when healthy and he will prove you wrong this season. He was everyones darling in Philly and just because he is in Atlanta everyone hates on him, but this isnt the point of my response.

The main thing I want to talk about is how you can glorify Bibby by ranking him from not even top 50 to 20 something when he went down in every category last year and significantly in most categories. He played very good in the playoffs, but his regular season left much to be desired. You also say that Jason Terry is headed in the wrong direction and yet you give no reasons to back that up. Lets talk facts here. Bibby went from one of the worst teams to one of the best and his stats went down dramatically from the previous year. Jason Terry again remained on one of the worst teams and he had another star player added to the team to take away points from him, plus he was shuffled from PG to SG and back and forth all year and yet he still either improved or kept his numbers very close to those of the year before.

Lets take a look at the numbers from JT and Bibby.

JT 19.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.7 apg, 1.85 spg, 43% fg, 39% 3pt fg

Bibby 13.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.1 spg, 45% fg, 37% 3pt fg

JT is better in 5 out of 6 categories than Bibby is with Bibby only having a 2% better FG percentage.

How about going in the wrong direction? Bibbys stats went down 2.2 ppg, 3.4 apg, 1 rpg from the previous season, and yet is went from not even in the top 50 to 20 something? Strange how a move from Van to SAC can change all of that huh.

On the other hand JT either went up or slighty down in every category from the previous year. His stats were very close to the previous years stats and thats without SAR to take away some of his points.

Please, if you have the time write me back or follow this article with some type of explanation as to why you judged JT so harshly and praised Bibby so mightily.

Thank you for your time.

Well if you take JT's first month season in which he struggled

the first month he averages near or may even average 20PPG.

I wrote in response to this dumb old senile fool.

The way people are starting to rate Ben Wallace is getting

alittle out of hand.He averages 8PPG and despite his defense

he is still undersized.His rebounding wouldn't look AS GOOD

if Detroit wasn't such a poor rebounding team.With nobody

else on the team that is going to get more than 4 boards

it makes Ben Wallace stand out more.

The funny thing is that Ben Wallace stats are almost the same

as they were in the season before last when Detroit only won

35 games.....

People are starting to overrate Ben Wallace.

His overrated List:

Ben Wallace-12th?that is dangerousally close to putting

him in the superstar slot.That is just crazy.More closer

to 20-25th

Gary Payton-7th?He is good,but he also got abused by Tony

Parker in the playoffs.Gary is starting to lose his defense.More

closer to 9-12th

Rasheed Wallace-14th?He has talent,but he hasn't even had to

worry about carrying a team.He averaged a lousy 1.9APG.He has

all the tools to be HIGHER than this....But I don't think he has

earned it yet....17-25th

Micheal Finley-18th?Too high....He is good and I would kill to have

him on our team,but he isn't at this level.

Mike Bibby-Jumped way to high on the list in too quick of a time.He

is not better than Steve Nash!Sorry Charlie.

Allan Houston-Not a top 50 player at all...Limited player just like

Rip Hamilton

Antonio Davis-What is he doing in the top 50?

Underrated

Jason Terry-Not a top 50???C'mon!

Steve Nash-Higher than 33rd

Jamal Mashburn-32nd?More like around 26th

Paul Gasol-Alot better than 50th!His numbers were

right up there with all the top PF's.

Jalen Rose-30th at worst!

It's funny how Shareef had his best season but slipped.We

also won 10 more games compared to him with Vancouver

last year and he still slips...whatever.

I doubt you'll get a lucid response...

The facts are that there guys don't know squat about anyone like the Hawks.

It would be like me breaking down the Sonics...Yeah, I could give an outsider opinion, but if I don't see the games, I am going to look stupid re: something.

When we win this year, they'll be all over us, too....Which kind of makes you want to say, stay away, we don't need your popular opinion tripe...lol...

I'm gunna throw it up in peoples face if we do win.Not

because I know we are going to win,but because if

we win with JT at point everyone is going to hear

about it including this goon.His list looks like it came

from the the hype list 1-50 that is what it really looks

like doesn't it?

Top 50 hyped players.

This was my response...

Mike, nice job creating something that surely will elicit heated debate even in these dead days of the basketball season.

That said, allow me to make my case:

How in the world can you ignore the great work that Jason Terry did last year?

This is a guy that writers like you dream of: hard working, do anything for the team, and most of all, productive.

Terry's statistics and game ROSE to a new level last year, not regressed as you state.

He was asked to play the point guard position at the midpoint of last season, and responded with totals of 19.5 ppg, 6.9 apg, and over a steal and a half per game.

Oh, and the Hawks went 19-17 in those games.

His totals for the season were considerably better than Mike Bibby, Latrell Sprewell, and others on your list.

Terry was one of the main reasons why the Hawks improved (you guys do remember they improved, right?) eight games despite leading the NBA in games missed due to injury, including the Hawks version of Garbo, Theo Ratliff.

To ignore his contributions and the fact that he is one of the Top 50 players in the league can only serve one purpose:

You wanted to know if there was anybody in Atlanta that cared....

And now you know...

Very good response to that Jay. Actually Jay and Dolfan gave very good and to the point responses. Not only is JT a better PG than Bibby and yes I do believe that JT is a better PG than Bibby. I know I will get some critics for this statement but IMO I believe is very true. Ho win god's name you avg 5 apg with Webber and Peja to pass to and only avg yourself 13 ppg, while JT is averaging 5.7 apg only playing PG half the season and having only Reef to pass to. Now what does that tell you, obviously JT is a better passer and can create more for his players around him. Isn't that what it looks like to you? Well the reason they were and everyone was up Bibby's a$$ and is up his a$$ STILL is because the playoff run he had last year. I just can't possibly wait when our Hawks make it to the big show this season and JT showcases his talent, then he will be considered as one of the leagues up and coming best PG's. I know very few of you think he can be one of the league's best PG's. The reason I do is because considering what he did last year is just amazing to me.

Half the season playing point

avg 5.7 apg with only Reef as a scorer

Thats pretty damn good considering only one player scoring double figures in your team other than you. While Bibby had 2 - 20 point scorers and at 5.0 apg. And he is better than JT? I dont think so. Critics and analysis will know more about JT come May.

Great response Jay. Man that got me so fired up, and believe me I was on my last legs last night around 4am when I wrote that. I am quite sure that I wont get a response back from him, but thats okay because we have made our point and the more we get the word out about Atlanta improving and the team actually having fans that care, the more the media will start to drool over the new underdogs.

When he has the average reg season next year and everyone is

crying "What happend to the playoffs last year"like they did with

Derek Fisher he will be looked at as a bust rather than a decent

PG.