• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bob Neal on 790thezone today......

MoonKnight

I caught some of his comments earlier today. Changes are likely to be coming based on his comments if they are true. He commented that Woodson told him he is lamenting over his roster. He pointed out that Woodson does not know what to do with Anderson and the point guard position. He believes that KA is valuable as a teacher and locker room influence but past his playing days. However Woodson does not believe that Delk is a starter at the point but is a better suited as a reserve. He did not mention Ivey at all. Woodson also told Neal before the game that JSmooth's minutes will be increasing (a very good thing). Neal also said the management is very pleased with Harrington's influence over JSmooth and his instruction to him. AH is working and mentoring with JSmooth at practices much like Antonio Davis worked with AH when he was a rookie. If any of what Neal is saying is true then we will be addressing the point guard position (KA could be placed on IR or waived) sooner than I thought and Harrington is clearly a keeper to stay with JSmooth.

Quote:

FYI Bob Neal is one of the play by play guys on the Hawks TV local telecast who happened to be a guest today on the local radio sportstalk. I don't profess to have first hand knowledge of Hawks management but Neal might.

I know who he is but I happen to believe the words out of Al's mouth over someone who isn't there everyday,

Al may have just downplayed his mentoring role when asked about it, didnt want to toot his own horn. He was definitely the most fired up player on the court after the Josh block to seal the win. I think he practically embarassed Josh..lol.

I'm glad to hear Woodson probably wants to use Delk off the bench, I agree. Start Diaw with Chill soon. Bring Delk off the bench quick probably for Chill. Cut Anderson, put McCoy on IR, activate Donta.

Have you seen Harrington and Smith together? They're clearly tight. They color-coordinate their headbands, for goodness sake. I'm sure Walker's an influence, too, but Harrington might have downplayed his role, but I'm sure Al's filling the mentor role more than Walker is.

Quote:

Have you seen Harrington and Smith together? They're clearly tight. They color-coordinate their headbands, for goodness sake. I'm sure Walker's an influence, too, but Harrington might have downplayed his role, but I'm sure Al's filling the mentor role more than Walker is.

It doesn't really matter either way but from what I know of Al he isn't going to downplay anything. The kid has an ego as big as every NBA star.

A lot of his comments in all questions start with "I"

Your assuming as am I so I would rather take Al at his word.

Quote:

I think Tip and Employee8 are joined at the hip.

And I think you need to mind your own business, JACK.

Just because I agree with Tip, doesn't mean I agree with everything else he says.

I just happen to know FROM ACTUALLY SEEING AL HARRINGTON AND HEARING HIM SAY IT that Smith looks up to Antoine much more than him...

AND WHY NOT? Walker has been the Focal point(or part of the focal point) of a Playoff-team, harrington has not.

I doubt you would cut Kenny....he isn't making any money and it is not like there is a PG waiting in the wings.

I would look into a trade for a PG like Jason Williams in Memphis or Speedy Claxton in G.S.

Thing is you have to know if Antoine is in future plans or not. Because a PG that compliments Antoine is a guy ike Tony Delk who can score and shoot. It is rather useless to get a pass first PG(with a shaky shot...ala Kenny) if the team is going to have an offense ran through Walker and Al you need a shooter not a passer.

BTW I am suprised how little people have placed in the disappointment of our SG position. Kenny cannot put up more than 10 a game at most but Chilldress/Barry/Diaw have had such little production it magnifies our PG performance. When this team was built on paper it looked pretty good, Kenny would play 25 min a game and provide a steady hand for the offense. Unfortunatly our wings have played so bad that the PG has needed for us to score to win. That is why Delk has been effective and Ivey too during that run he had. I think our SG position is just as much a dilema has PG and I garuntee if they were shooting/playing better Kenny Anderson wouldn't look quite as pathetic as he has.

jr

why are we bickering over who is the biggest influence on a young player...

but what's important here is that there seems to be changes soon. I read the ajc article about the owners being a little disappointed in the team so far although they said they're trying to be "intelligently patient."

what are some point guards out there we have a decent shot at?

When I started this post I was simply trying to relate news about the team that I thought someone might find helpful or interesting. I was not even thinking of Walker when I started this post. Some posters are so defensive about Walker that if he is not mentioned in a post then the author must be trying to attack Walker in some fashion. I, like you, thought the point guard info was the most interesting part of Bob Neal's statements anyway.

I noticed that too. If you say anything or don't say anything about Walker, you are somehow attacking him. Walker either must be paying some people on this forum or some people are just flatout mad that he may be traded and Al most likely will not.

Get over it....we are all interested in one thing and that is the success of this organization!!

• Moderators

Please quit posting comments that don't have anything to do with Walker laugh.gif No one here is interested in that.

I realize we all follow this stuff way to closely, but I'm ready for Woodson to keep more things to himself. He keeps saying he's going to shake up the lineup and then the lineup just has Diaw instead of Chill.

I'm ready to see (as long as we're not playing the Heat):

Diaw, Chill, Al, AW, Smoove.

If they don't have a scoring center we can defend with that, and how will they defend us. Lets try taking to somebody. Then bring Barry, Drob, Delk, Willis off the bench.

• Moderators

Oh yeah, I know some will think starting 2 young rookies is a bad idea, but they would be starting over KA and Collier who everyone seems to agree aren't contributing much. I mean if you are going to 'shake up' the lineup then do it soon! This suggestion would not mess with the only real core we have which is AH and AW.