• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

J-Smoove is getting better each game!

smithrules

He's definitley improving every game. But, let's not get carried away here. He's very exciting and he can jump outta the gym. However, he does have quite a few holes in his game which were part of the reason he slipped to 17. I believe he's gonna be a star in this league for years to come. But, at this point he's more of a hustle guy who gets most of his points on put backs and plays decent defense. Helluva shot blocker he is...But, for his position that he's currently playing he's gonna have to improve his perimeter defense and for that matter is perimeter game on both sides of the floor. It's definitley coming together for him...Just want everyone to stay patient because there's gonna be more growing pains to come. We Gonna Be Real Good...Real Soon though!!!

I was at the Kings game but did not notice what was going on in the huddles during timeouts until I caught the J-Smooth highlights on ESPN. On two occasions Smith was not paying attention to the coaches during timeout huddles and Willis hit him in the back of the head as a means of forcing him to stay mentally in the game (kudos to Willis). Despite his obvious immaturity issues it is amazing what Smith is able to do on pure athletic ability at this point. ESPN is now clearly focusing on Smith's game.

During a radio interview before the game Friday, BK said he believes Smith is currently a 3 having to play the 2 due to the roster. He said clearly that his future position is either the 3 or maybe the 4 because the staff believes he will physically grow another inch or two and gain lbs. On AH, he said Al is learning how to the a starter and a focal point of the team and is making progress. When asked about extending Walker's contract he is completely noncommittal just like he was in the news conference after the trade. IMO Walker will be traded before the deadline on in the off season in a sign and trade.

That's why it is great to have veterans like Kevin Willis around. He may not be making much of an impact on the court, but he is making an impact in the leadership department. The Hawks haven't had a veteran leader like Kevin in a long time. This is why I think Kenny Anderson is also being kept around. He's not whining about not getting any playing time, and it appears that he is genuinely helping Tyronn Lue and Royal Ivey at the point guard position.

I've also stated on many occasions that Al Harrington and Josh Smith are seen as the building blocks for the future of this team. Everything else is up in the air at this point, though the team will definitely take its time with Josh Childress as well.

I've also stated on many occasions that Al Harrington and Josh Smith are seen as the building blocks for the future of this team. Everything else is up in the air at this point, though the team will definitely take its time with Josh Childress as well.

Quote:

I really don't know what you see in Harrington as a building

block. I don't think he does anything(other than dunking)

well on a consistant basis. His jumpshot is very question

able, his free throw shooting is poor, He doesn't play any

shots. He's what, an athletic 6'9 and he averages .28 blocks

a game? And for a big athletic guy he is a mediocre rebounder

for somebody of his size and athletic ability. If Harrington

is a building block the Hawks future isn't very bright.

Quote:

I think this ends what little suspense there was about Wlaker's future with the team, also.

No it doesn't. BK simply isn't saying anything NOW just like he didn't say anything THEN. Nothing's changed as far as that goes. He's not going to answer questions like that until the time is right.

The suspense is still there, folks. Nothing new here.

Move along now....

You know one thing you have to take into consideration is harrington is only 24 years old and still we get better. Also this is his first year as a starter. Harrington is a good defender he can gaurd a 4, but also he has gaurded tracy Mcgrady pretty good. Dominique said hes the best post up player in the east at his position when he played for the pacers. Its obvoius billy loves this guy he drafted him, hes a good character player. Im not sure what games your watching. What we obviously need is a center. Als a keeper for us.

Quote:

I really don't know what you see in Harrington as a building

block. I don't think he does anything(other than dunking)

well on a consistant basis. His jumpshot is very question

able, his free throw shooting is poor, He doesn't play any

shots. He's what, an athletic 6'9 and he averages .28 blocks

a game? And for a big athletic guy he is a mediocre rebounder

for somebody of his size and athletic ability. If Harrington

is a building block the Hawks future isn't very bright.

I don't think Harrington's 7 rebounds a game or so stack up so bad vs other small forwards in the league. The Hawks don't have much problems rebounding the basketball at the 4 and 3 positions. He is shooting 48%, averaging 17 ppg as the 2nd option....his FT shooting does need some work, I agree, but it is at 65%...not near as bad as Walkers and it seems like he is shooting better from the charity stripe lately. I don't think his defense is that bad at all. As for his .28 bpg average that doesn't tell you who is the best defensive player..you can still man up and play tough D without having shot blocking ability.

Quote:

You know one thing you have to take into consideration is harrington is only 24 years old and still we get better. Also this is his first year as a starter.

I don;t care what age he is. He has been playing good

minutes for a long time... It isn't like he was tucked

away on the bench like Jermaine O'Neal. Also, 30MPG is

starting minutes.

Quote:

Dominique said hes the best post up player in the east at his position when he played for the pacers.

Dominique was a good player. That doesn't make everything

he says or does basketball related is correct. Zeke was a

great player, but he was a terrible coach. MJ drafted Kwame

Brown.

Quote:

Its obvoius billy loves this guy he drafted him,

Bilyl Knight also drafted Boris Diaw who is struggling

to get minutes on the second worst team in the league. He

also gave Jason Collier like 1.5 million or something. How

well has that worked out? Meaning that just because Billy

Knight drafted/liked somebody doesn't always worthy of

alot.

Quote:

I don't think Harrington's 7 rebounds a game or so stack up so bad vs other small forwards in the league.

Glen Robinson got over 6RPG without the athletic ability

that Al Harrington has. Marion is still able to grab nine

or 10 rebounds at SF. Besides, Harrington in reality plays

like a PF already and I doubt he would play much different

if he actually played the 4 spot.

Quote:

He is shooting 48%, averaging 17 ppg as the 2nd option.

His high shooting percentage is mostly the result of alot

of dunks.Often times late in games the dunk isn't always

there... The rest of his offensive game is really inconsistant. And he is averaging 17PPG(which isn;t overly

great anyway) on a team that lacks other options.

Quote:

As for his .28 bpg average that doesn't tell you who is the best defensive player.

Did I say it did? I'm pointing out that for his lack of

athletic ability he is a extremely poor shot blocker.