• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs. Nets [Martin Luther King day]

Employee8

This was the most Hilarious performance by Antoine at the Free Throw Line that I've ever seen.

Not since the KNicks game have I seen Walker try to miss the 2nd free throw and actually make it....

This game that didn't just happen once...IT HAPPENED TWICE!! grin.gif

Terrible game shooting wise from Antoine(18 shots for 14 points) but another strong game off the boards with 12 rebs.

Quote:

I guess Walker figures that the best way to miss a shot is to shoot the same way he always does.

well if that's the case, then how the heck did he make the 2nd free throw? I think Walker should have put even LESS arc on the ball than he does on his normal free throws, not more! Funny thing is, he probably would have more success at the line if he tried to INTENTIONALLY miss Free Throws...

*sigh* Oh well...

I think the KEY point of the game was Harrington grabbing an Antoine miss and instead of CALLING FOR TIMEOUT where Woodson could've drawn up a play, he goes for the QUICK 3-pointer.... confused.gif

Quote:

Toine is just killing us at the line -- killing us, I tell you. Sorry, Employee8, that is not what we require from our "money" player.

No it's not but the thing you forget is : The Hawks don't have a TRUE "money" player YET.

Don't forget that Walker is more a Scottie Pippen/Vlade Divac than a Michael Jordan/Magic Johnson type of player...

Josh COULD turn out to be THAT type of "money" player but not now....

I'm just wondering how much of this is really taking a toll on Walker's psyche right now. The Free Throws are just destroying him(mentally) but also when he goes to the line, it seems like he just wants to go up there, shoot it real fast, and get it over with....

Walker at best would be the 2nd banana to a #1 offensive option (kind of why people here seem to think the Philly deal would make sense for Philly)

Me, personally, I'd rather he remain here just for continuity-sake. Right now, when I think Atlanta Hawks, I think SMOOVE first, WALKER second, and HARRINGTON third.

SMOOVE is more noticeable since he gets all those deft-defying dunks and blocks.

WALKER(no matter how bad he has shot) seems to be churning out double-doubles like it was an assembly line or something. He's less noticeable but his numbers are there(particularly his rebounding numbers).

HARRINGTON is a very good young player, IMO. However, he just doesn't seem to get much attention for some reason. It's like...we know he's there and at times plays very well with some nice dunks, too, but...well I don't know. Hopefully as he continues to mature as an NBA Player now getting minutes, he will really take off.

Smoove is our future at SG did anyone notice he had 5 assists today. Only if he made any of his wide open jumpers. They seem so close, but never seem to fall in, I'd say he turns in more of a Shawn Marion/Joe Johnson, than a Michael Jordan/Magic, when he learns to shoot he could dominate with 20 pts/10 reb/ 6ast/ 3 blocks a game player. It all revolves around his working in the offseason. If he works hard enough, there is no reason he won't be most improved player next year. Even though it should have been Al Harrington this year.

Quote:

If he works hard enough, there is no reason he won't be most improved player next year.

Ummm... so could anybody in the league. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Smoove has played great but is no all star.

And I have seen nothing that leads me to believe that he'll be a SG. Shooting guards have to be shooters. He is not a shooter. He is a scorer. He might become a Shawn Marion type, but even he is a SF. Personally, when I see Smoove play, I see a young Shawn Kemp. He was a PF. Depending on how his body develops, Smith will be a 3 or a 4.

Well, so could *a lot* of players. I wouldn't say anybody could be the most improved player. What would it take for Kobe to be most improved? The MIP has to be a guy with a load of potential who had a low-production year. I think Smith is one of probably 25 guys who have a realistic shot at MIP. Howard would be more of a favorite. Al Jefferson, Luke Jackson, or anybody in the top 15 in the last draft who isn't lighting up the scoreboard has a good shot.

I agree, Smoove is not a SG. He might turn out to be....but I wouldn't bet anything on it. I don't see him developing more than a mid-range game.

as of right now, this minute- i'd consider JOSH SMITH a SF. I feel that we can take advantage of his skills and utilize it at the max at this position.

can he become a SG? sure, maybe- if he develops a shot and works on his handles.

but as of right now, his game most resembles SHAWN MARION. Where would u play Marion?

Both Josh play really hard, both got 10 boards each.

I expect J-smoove to be a good rebounder because he is 6'9 and a great leaper, but Chill is wonderful on the boards, with his skinny frame, but he also is a great leaper with great wing span.

Both of them will work hard in the offseason with their shooting, thats really the most noticeable aspect of their game that need work on. Once they can consistently hit the outside shot, those two will be dangerous. Both will avg over 18+ ppg. And notice practically no plays are ran their way. Basically all their points come out of hustle plays and fast break and basically them being open.

But man I see so much potential from them, once they get outside shot to fall consistently, watch out NBA. Those 2 are our future. I just hope their hustle play won't stop.

according to BK who believes he is a 3 who could grow into a 4. He is only playing the 2 due to the glut of swing players currently on the roster. Please enough of Airball Walker. I bet he set an unofficial NBA record with hitting a free throw he was supposed to miss TWICE in the same season. Airball's absurd play is going to scare off suitors especially potential playoff teams.

Quote:

according to BK who believes he is a 3 who could grow into a 4. He is only playing the 2 due to the glut of swing players currently on the roster. Please enough of Airball Walker. I bet he set an unofficial NBA record with hitting a free throw he was supposed to miss TWICE in the same season. Airball's absurd play is going to scare off suitors especially potential playoff teams.

Well if he scares off suitors, doesn't that mean that he is "stuck" with us, Moonknight? (something that you don't want...) smirk.gif

Either Walker will be dealt or he will stay till the end of the season(where he will most likely sign a long-term deal with this team, provided he is SERIOUS about remaining here).

You can't have it both ways. BK will almost certainly make Walker a good solid REASONABLE Offer and if Walker accepts, you really can't do anything about it.

Of course, let's wait till the Deadline to see what occurs....Whatever happens, happens.