• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Artest coming to the ATL

phoostal

I wouldn't want Scott Pollard anyway. He is grossly overpaid for someone with his skill. He'll make 5.7mil this year and 6.2mil next year. Thats re-damn-diculous for a foul happy energy type center. He has no offensive game at all. He is only strengths are that he is active on the boards and on the defensive end. That would help, but it's not worth the price for a back-up.

You never quit, and you absolutely never intentionally lose games just to get a high draft pick. It's repulsive to even think about it!

It's even more repulsive to think that Atlanta would willingly accept such a character flaw as Ron Artest onto this team. I don't buy it, because I do not believe Billy Knight would ever add a player like Artest that he will never be able to trade away. He's a cancer that will do nothing but divide the team.

As for giving him a second chance, he's already had that. He's had a third and a fourth chance. Just because he is a talented basketball player doesn't diminish his character. His lack of character is far more important, IMO. I'd hate to have him around an impressionable young play like Josh Smith.

I'll do what _sturt_ did when Atlanta got JR Rider. If Atlanta gets Ron Artest, I will not watch them until they get rid of his ass. I will never support complete thugs like Ron Artest.

Yes, but on the same token, Artest is underpaid. And there are not many talented bigs to go around. If you try to get a C through free agency, a guy like pollard would go for damn near the max. The market is ridiculous. At least this way we get one. You get a slightly overpaid center for next year, and an underpaid allstar through 2008. Salary wise, this is WELL worth it. Talent wise also.

The only issue is whether or not you can trust Artest not to act like a fool and snap. I think a year long suspension has to change a guy like Artest and shake him up. He will be a different man. Hopefully, he will be a better, more stable mind.

You can't change the character of a man.

Artest still doesn't understand what he did wrong. How can he learn from his mistakes if he refuses to admit that he has made them?

I personaly feel that Artest should get a permanent ban from the NBA. Use him as the example that this [censored] doesn't fly any longer.

A Possible Artest blowup not withstanding, I like this lineup. For next year we have

PG we draft/

Smith/Childress

Artest

Harrington

Pollard/Peja

Regardless of how we as fans feel about Artest, given how many of his peers ran into help they don't feel that way.I think when you add him to Smith/Chill/Al and free agents knowing we are in position to fix our PG spot with one of the top draftees, that it makes us more attractive, bring in Swift/Kwame, add a shooter we make the playoffs next year. I still haven't figured out how to check salaries but I think it will even be cap friendly.

It really do depends on how Bird really feels about having their season KOed by what happened. Picking up Walker gives them a chance to turn it around this year. Walker isn't a problem child and if Bird really do like him as was stated I can see it happen. GMs don't always make trades purely for B-Ball reasons. BK is good at aquiring players from teams who are wavering for whatever reason. He's like an Hawk, sitting quietly, ever watching, waiting to make a move.

So, Indiana trades the biggest problem child in the NBA for an all-star caliber power forward and it's "one of the dumbest trades they could make".

Oh my!

Do you really not know why Indiana wants to do it? Did you not read the article? Artest is very talented, but... Artest threw multiple violent haymakers at fans. He's selfish. His temper is out of control. He's out for the rest of the season, and they cannot make a playoff run without him. Did you see how FRUSTRATED Bird is with Artest? Perhaps the question is, why do the Hawks, a team that cares about character and positive influences on its developing young players trade for the worst THUG in the league???

If you haven't noticed, there aren't too, too many teams champing at the bit to get Artest. The Knicks made an offer, but they try to trade for everybody, and they like thugs.

Walker's "all star caliber" play isn't winning any games. He's a good player if you ignore the bad shots and the missed free throws and the turnovers and the suspect defense but Artest is probobaly the best small forward in the league. Give me Artest and Rasheed over Harrington and Walker anyday. I want the Hawks to win games not merit badges. Even if the HAwks decide to trade him, I have no doubt he'll bring us more than Walker would in a sign and trade. The thug talk is really silly. Anyway, if anybody should be labeled a thug, its Ben Wallace for inciting the brawl in the first place. The trade's dumb for Indiana becasue there's no way Antoine Walker helps the Pacers enough to merit trading a great and relatively cheap player they'll need next season.

Artest is a wanna-be thug who goes after the smallest guy he can find (who still has a beer in his hand by the way)and totally passes up the big dude who threw the beer!

This makes him nothing more than a punk. He proved that earlier in the year as well by requesting time off so he could record his wanna-be thug rap album.

The guy from a team player standpoint is a joke and all he is doing is putting on a sad face (I am sorry I did this face) to get back in the league so he can collect his millions.

This trade is a bad joke. Let someone else deal with this child and give us our #1 pick for Walker straight up.

Give me a break. Why don't you just admitt you will never give Walker any kind of credit.

We aren't in that game without Walker.

I feel bad for Al because next year you will unfailry critize him for every tiny detail.

Keep dreaming on about this big free agent coming here because it is not happening.

Neither is this trade that Larry Bird already says was not discussed.

Quote:

Walker's "all star caliber" play isn't winning any games. He's a good player if you ignore the bad shots and the missed free throws and the turnovers and the suspect defense but Artest is probobaly the best small forward in the league. Give me Artest and Rasheed over Harrington and Walker anyday. I want the Hawks to win games not merit badges. Even if the HAwks decide to trade him, I have no doubt he'll bring us more than Walker would in a sign and trade. The thug talk is really silly. Anyway, if anybody should be labeled a thug, its Ben Wallace for inciting the brawl in the first place. The trade's dumb for Indiana becasue there's no way Antoine Walker helps the Pacers enough to merit trading a great and relatively cheap player they'll need next season.

"Keep dreaming on about this big free agent coming here because it is not happening.

Neither is this trade that Larry Bird already says was not discussed."

I agree completely. If Artest was a free agent he would be on every teams list, and I doubt that the hawks would be on his. thats why this trade sounds waay too good too be true.