• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dont Be an Ignorant B*stard - Trade Toine

BlackHawkDown

I like Toine But he cant resurect the franchise. We can get Artest and a 1st for him, or something else. I think its worthwhile because we wont be ablke to capitalize on the Cap room that TOine's contract will provide. Get Artest while his market value is low.

We can load Kwame Brown and the #1 Pick and suddenly we are close to a winner

Kwame/J.Smooth/Harrington/Artest/Chris Paul (or Jarrett Jack)

I see a winner. laugh.gif

• Admin

Toine hits a big shot and wins the game. You KNEW there were going to be people showing up here to say "See all you idiots that want to get rid of walker were so wrong!". When the ball hit the net, I knew it would happen.

If we can find a deal that's good, we should move him. The artest/1st deal won't happen, can't happen. We would have to take on Croshere for the salaries to match up and that's NOT a good deal.

But there are plenty of deals to be had out there. Him hitting that shot probably opened up a few that were on the bubble as well.

• Premium Member

I think the possibility of finding a good deal is weak.

I think it would be easier for us to keep Walker and work with the cap space or decide to resign him.

I don't see many teams just up and giving up cap space for cap space.

I mean, just think of the teams that can:

Philly. They could, but Walker won't help them go any farther than the 2nd round AND if they did trade Big Dog for Walker... You better believe that they won't be able to resign Walker unless they gave him an extension.

Cleveland could... BUT why? They are getting good play from Gooden and Big Z.

GS could... They could give us DD and Uncle Cliffy... But again.. Why? GS is in no position to get to the playoffs..

Celts could... If they gave us Gary Payton, Tom Gugloitta, Yogi Stewart, and for argument sake, let's say Banks... Now, this is interesting. If we could work out a three way with another team, this might lead to something. Maybe if:

Payton goes to Denver for Nene/Lenard... Now we are talking... I'd do this deal all day... The question is would Karl want Payton Back? My guess is HELL NO. However, maybe Payton goes to Seattle... For Potapenko/1st...

Minnesota could and would send us Spree for Walker. That's a closed case... I don't think they would give us a first in the deal though so what would we do it for?

The Blazer could give us Reef.. But again, why would they give a first?

The Sonics could must a deal involving Potapenko and James.. But I don't see them giving up their Cs and Fortson isn't doing badly.

The Clippers could give Rebracca, Kittles, and one other player... I don't think Walker is a good fit there.

So the most likely team.. could be the Cs...

I can see them and us working out a three way... where we get Banks, Googs, Yogi from the Celts and Payton goes to a contender like: Denver, LAL (D. George), Cleveland (McInnis, Wagner, 1st), or Houston.

I also don't see us getting a good deal for Walker either. I hope we don't lose him for nothing. If that is the case then we need to sign him for a reasonable contract and do a better job of coaching and controlling him on the court.

I think we lose on a Walker trade. His value is not as high as some people on this forum think. I don't think we will get a 1st round pick and a good player for Walker. We may get a good player and some crappy contracts back messing up our salary cap, but that is about it.

We may have to explore different avenues, like signing Walker. It is a catch 22 situation right now.

I really do like this board. Think it has some of the most knowledgeable NBA fans I have ever read but this post (the subject line not the subject) also proves that it is just like a lot of other boards out there.

There is always a post out there that can make any board, no matter how great, look like amateur night.

I read someone elses post a long time ago out here, "we can agree to disagree" or something like that. There really is no sense in the name calling no matter who you meant it for.

It is just a board and it is nothing more than a solid group of fans opinions.