• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walker Does Not Equal Big Dog....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I read several post where some of you guys say that once we trade Walker, this team would be a better "TEAM"... I hate to bring reality back to the board, but that's certainly not the case.

Let me define it for you...

Right now... Chillz/Smoove does not know how to create their own offense. That's expected because they are young players.

Right now... Harrington as the 1st option would be a lesson in big dogdom... Yes, Harrington would throw the occassional alley opp, but for the most part, when he gets the ball near his spot, it's not coming back out.

Right now... Walker is one of the best passing big men in the game or at least.. he's second best amoung forwards in the east. What that means is this... If we had Jermaine Oneal... he would get about the same numbers as Walker with the exception that he wouldn't give as many assists and he shoots a better percentage from the line. That's it. Believe it or not, Walker is having an allstar year and it's not just because he's on a 9 win team... We've lost some close ones and I don't think we've been blown out too many times....

I'm not saying keep Walker at all cost... That's not what I'm suggesting at all. What I'm saying is that we shouldn't be so Niave to think that once Walker is traded that the rest of these guys will automatically step up? Sheez, they really don't show too much when Walker sits on the bench...

• Moderators

Quote:

We've lost some close ones and I don't think we've been blown out too many times....

I agree that without Walker we'd really be in trouble, but this quote made me laugh. In a way its true. We have lost some close ones. But the majority of our losses have not been close ones. We're getting better though. I think Walker has shown not only that he can still put up good numbers but he can be a leader. He's been better than I expected.

• Premium Member

Coming from Boston...

Many of us thought that Walker would be a guy who put up three point shots relentlessly. He and Pierce did that in Boston... However, Pierce is still doing it and Walker played the role that Coach wanted him to here. I think Walker has played a helluva season. Because of his contracts, I didn't think that there would be longterm ties to Walker... However, as the byline states, Walker is no bigdog. When I watch Walker play, he's out there trying and he's mindful that he's not the only one out there.

To listen to some talk here, they make it sound like Walker is keeping us from being a better team. That's BS. I think Walker is playing the team game as much as any PF has. If we had Reef, we'd have less passing. If we had J. Oneal, we'd have less passing. If we had Dirk... we'd have less passing. I think that there are too many who are penalizing Walker because he is not Duncan or KG. However, he's a definite allstar and I think he's playing very well despite our record.

I'm in agreement that Walker makes this team much better. After doing some research, I also agree with one of your previous threads that it's going to be very hard to move Walker without picking up someone else's unwanted contracts. There's not many players out there to trade for that are in his salary range. And if they are in the price range, they usually have multiple years left on their contract. If BK finds a way to move AW for a first round pick without picking up any bad contracts, I'll be amazed.

Unless a big scorer is injured off a playoff bound team, we might end up just keeping Toine.

• Premium Member

Last night, I was considering the possibility of a Toine for Big Z Deal...

It would be Toine/2nd for Big Z/1st (if Cleveland has 1).

The reason that Cleveland would even consider it is because they do lack scoring power and that doesn't bode well for the playoffs. The reason we do it is for an ending contract and a first.

I doubt Cleveland makes that kind of deal... but it's a thought...

"Right now... Harrington as the 1st option would be a lesson in big dogdom... Yes, Harrington would throw the occassional alley opp, but for the most part, when he gets the ball near his spot, it's not coming back out."

Let's look at the facts. AW averages 3.7 apg. AH averages 3.2 apg. For most of this year, AH led out team in assists per game, not a point guard or AW. Did you watch the recent Hawks v. Magic game? AH made several great passes from the post that led to easy buckets for his teammates. It was when AH was being fed in the post against G. Hill that we were most successful. IMO, AH is the hardest working guy on the team. Before every home game I have attended, AH is working with coaches on the floor on differant phases of his game. AH is constantly trying to get better. I am not saying that I wouldn't trade AH for the right offer but to compare AH to Big Hog Robinson in any fashion is wrong.

I actually agree with MoonKnight(check outside for the apocalypse, by the way). grin.gif

Comparing AL to Big DOGCRAP is so wrong, it ain't even funny. AL, like Toine, Busts his azz night in and night out for this team...Big Dog just SITS on his Azz NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT. Comprende?

Find someone else to compare AL to 'cause Big Dogcrap has NOTHING on Harrington....NOTHING!

Quote:

Last night, I was considering the possibility of a Toine for Big Z Deal...

It would be Toine/2nd for Big Z/1st (if Cleveland has 1).

The reason that Cleveland would even consider it is because they do lack scoring power and that doesn't bode well for the playoffs. The reason we do it is for an ending contract and a first.

I doubt Cleveland makes that kind of deal... but it's a thought...

With the Lack of Big Men in the East nowadays, the Cavs would have to be INSANE to trade one of the Best to us for Antoine UNLESS they draft a sure thing at Center(which won't happen)....

I don't think Cleveland would do it. I doubt they would trade big Z straight up for Toine. They run alot of offensive plays with Z on the block. They're playing pretty well and I don't think they want to mess with the teams chemistry. I think it would take a knock their socks off type offer to Ilgauskus.

• Premium Member

Cleveland needs a scoring threat.

Big Z goes on the market this offseason.

Cleveland has heard offers from Ray Allen and they are talking about Micheal Redd who Lebron would love to play with..

If they get Either, Big Z could be taken by the highest bidder. I don't know about you, but I like Big Z. I wouldn't mind having him here... The question is what do you offer Big Z?

As we learned last offseason Big Z will get offered the max. If we don't offer it someone else will. Just end these debates right now. Ray Allen, Tmac, Z,and Michael Redd will all get the max. After Adonal Foyle, Carlos Boozer, Nash, and Kmart got way overpaid the same song is playing.

he may have gotten too many years...but he's worth max this year...by the end of his contract, he will be overpaid...but if he's effective another 2 years, then his total contract price will have been worth it for the first 3 years alone...but salary cap-wise, maybe not in the final year...

however, he may last his whole contract...u never know...