• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks/Lakers........

Employee8

oh man here we go again i state a fact that the team played better in the first half when walker sat, and of course i return to find out im a "celtics troll" haha tip you have some real issues man. I give walker credit for playing big at the end. luckily we got the ball in delks hands, so toine didnt have to shoot too many free throws. But tip for future reference and for the 800th time im a hawks fan, born in atlanta lived in ga all my life saw lenny win his 1000th game at the omni yada yada yada the only celtics games ive seen are against the hawks. and if the hawks resign walker ill get behind him. for now though, hes just a rentaplayer, and part of the rebuilding.

Quote:

I give walker credit for playing big at the end. luckily we got the ball in delks hands, so toine didnt have to shoot too many free throws.

Well, Dakin, Walker is a very smart man. He made sure to ALWAYS be the one to In-bound the Basketball so as to avoid having the Ball find him.... wink.gif

• Moderators

Finally getting the ball out of Walker's hands in foul time. Why'd that take so long. Delk really nailed that one down.

Someone mentioned trading Harrington which I'd be ok with, but I think he's getting too many minutes. He's not as good as Toine and can't be expected to produce 40 minutes a game. Since we have some promising players and not competing for a playoff spot I'd like to see more rotation at the 3. We have guys who can play.

• Premium Member

Quote:

But speaking of Big AL, isn't it interesting how some people on this board were complaining how Walker's presence is stunting the growth of the Rookies??

Maybe the Answer to this problem is to just play ONE of the players(Antoine/Harrington) out on the floor with the Rooks....

That is exactly what I've been trying to say since the beginning of the season. You and many others have just taken it to mean "get Walker out of here because he's a negative influence on the rookies." The fact of the matter is, it's not Toine, it's not Harrington, and it's not Woody. It is BOTH of these players combined with Woody's system. I've said it so much that I'm tired of typing it now. Why does it take people so long to see things that are so obvious...?

Anyway...

Harrington and Walker are getting 40 - 50 shots a game. It isn't just about how many shots they're getting. It is the way this team plays because both of these guys are on the floor. In the short term, it would be great to have both of them if we could turn things around quickly and start competing. But I don't feel that we can, so all we are essentially doing is allowing Toine and Harrington to showcase their talent.

Meanwhile, our young guys are not trying to assert themselves. Especially not Chill. They are sitting back and watching Al and AW go to work and passively getting involved in the offense. Dealing either Harrington or Walker would bring more focus to where it should be - Chill and Smoove. I don't buy this bullsh#t about bringing the rookies in slowly. If we had a winning team and a winning environment, I would say that is the right strategy. But we are not winning, so the only thing we've got going for us is the development of the future. This should have been our plan from the outset, but now that we are WAY out of playoff positioning, it should be painfully obvious.

Furthermore, there are guys around the league (Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, Okafor, Deng, etc.) that get to come in and learn the game without worrying about making a mistake and getting yanked for a veteran. What makes our rookies so soft and fragile that they can't handle an increased role with the team?