• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Huge game for Bogut

CBAreject

Did I say he was as good as McHale?..No, said he reminds me of McHale..Bogut actually has post moves, something you don't see from about 90 percent of todays big men.And please, you, the king of the idiotic trade, telling someone else about basketball history? If Karl Malone had been teamed with Larry bird and Robert Parish, and backed up by Bill Walton, you think he might have scored a little easier too?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Sure, nobody wants to waste a pick on a stiff...but more importantly, you don't want to waste a pick simply because of size.

simply because of size??!?!? bogut!?!?!?

bogut passes out of the double-team like a divac or bmiller...

bogut is compared to duncan with his efficient offense...

bogut played in the Olympics against NBA bigs...

bogut is not just a "big stiff"...his PLAY, not his size, are why we want him...

who knows if the best pg this year will be paul, felton, jack, gilchrist, williams, diaz, robinson, etc etc...but it's a pretty good bet that bogut will be better than the big drafted in the late teens, 20s or 30s...

whereas duhon and nelson went in the 2nd round and either/both could be better than gordon/harris in the long run...

• Premium Member

Quote:

If Karl Malone had been teamed with Larry bird and Robert Parish, and backed up by Bill Walton, you think he might have scored a little easier too?

Again, if you don't know History... don't speak.

My primary statement...

McHale didn't need any of these guys to be great.

My Second statement....

Walton sucked in Boston.

Cheif was a C who we can compare to Dikembe (2005) a guy who could get rebounds, but wasn't the impact player that he used to be.

Bird was great.

However, McHale could stand alone. His up and under move was almost unstoppable. His midrange game was really good. His post moves were really good. If Bird didn't show up for a game, McHale was going for 50.

It was Charles Barkley who said that the best player he ever played against was McHale... and pay attention to Barkley... He came along in the end of McHale's career and Barkley also matched up against Magic, MJ, and Bird...

Even today... Listen to McHale as he fired Flip... He said something about kicking a team and spitting on them while they are down... that was his style. Pure toughness with SKILLS...

He stated many times Nique was nothing but a ballhog and any team with him as their leader wouldn't win much. Should we have listened to him then, or later when he praised Nique?

And Walton was awful???? Maybe you need to go look up some Larry Bird quotes on Waltons positive impact on those Boston teams..

Anyway, once again, you miss the entire point..McHale was great, as was Malone..I have not said Bogut was or will ever be as good as those guys, he just has similar style to McHale..Alot of very fundamental post moves..

He is NOTHING like Big Country, he is nothing like Mihm..All you wanna do is compare him to any soft WHITE center you can think of..Talk about your stereotyping.