• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogut playing right now

Nicholasp27

• Premium Member

Umm....Raef LaFrentz. Maybe, if he didn't have an inside game.

Seriously, what game are some of you watching? Bogut looked like a less talented Tim Duncan out there. (Which is a HUGE compliment in my book - Duncan is the best PF in the history of the game). There were times when they double-teamed him WITHOUT the ball. WITHOUT the ball!

He definitely tired in the 2nd half, but he played every minute - pretty impressive for a big man.

And he played some defense as well - altering shots of UTEP's guards.

if your wife knew nothing about basketball and were watching that game, she'd say "honey why are all those guys blocking that one guy?"....that's how obvious it was that Bogut was being smothered..imagine if they had an outside presense to hit the three..

i'm impressed so far..let's hope his teammates help him so he can play against some better competition.

Raef was softer with less rebounding ability in college. He never approached Bogut's production until his senior year, but fell short even then. He also played on one of the best teams in recent college history with Vaughn, Pierce, Pollard.

I dunno about you, but I think it's easier to play with those 3 NBA players and put up some good percentages than it is with Utah when you're triple teamed.

• Premium Member

GET THIS GUY!!! He looks like he would eventually make a great center in this league. He seems to have all the tools, not to mention the desire to play the post. I know that he hasn't played against great competition in college, but anyone can see that the skill set is there: passing, footwork, rebounding, shotblocking, post moves. The guy even handled the ball reasonably well against the full court press. He reminds me of a duncan with less offensive polish. Imagine the impact he would have in the league if he was surrounded by some decent perimeter players.

The problem with the Hawks is the fact that we don't have any perimeter shooting presence at all. If we get Bogut we need to address our perimeter game thru the draft or FA. We need a SG like Reddick or McCants in this draft also.

The Hawks are probably the worst outside shooting team in the league!!!

The Hawks are the worst a lot of things in the league. Interior presence is probably a bigger need than outside shooting right now.

I don't want McCants on my team, btw. He doesn't follow his shots and lets his offensive game govern whether he plays defense. He also has Crohn's disease, I've heard from the docs up here, so he might have some of his career compromised.

i'VE seen all i need to see. His stat say everything I need to know about his scoring. From what i've seen vs. the sooners i have no problem with the hawks picking bogut number one. I can't believe the way he sees the floor and makes passes. Dude is fo reel.