• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No need for Bogut or any other true center

Dukegotgame

look the way i see it is that we should just go ahead and draft marvin. then we lineup with smoove,chill,al,marvin,and a pg. yes there is no typical center, but from what i have seen this year, we play much better when neither okieze,collier,or drob is on the floor. those 4 guys all are tall,athletic,and long. we will not get out rebounded. if anything we will out rebound people. we will present numerous matchup problems on offensive. sure we will get killed by shaq and duncan but cmon, do you guys really expect drafting bogut is gonna help that? we NEED to go with marvin and sign chandler. i really like the defensive chandler brings. we can give him 22 min or so a night and rely on our fowards to set the tone.

Yea and then Amare, Shaq, Boozier, Keyon, O'Neil etc. . . light us up for 40 every night and we can be in the lotto again.

Which if we do not get a center or power forward is exactly what will happen. Do not get me wrong, the lotto next year will be interesting. But I would just as soon not see it again.

and of course nobody is saying that anyone we draft could stop Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, and the like. However, Bogut is extremely fundamentally sound on both ends of the floor and wont hurt the team by not being a great team defender.

I am a huge fan of Williams though. Just looking at him makes me think that he is the next big superstar to break into the NBA, along the T-Mac, Kobe, Lebron path....I think he has that kind of potential.

What a smooth passing big man like Bogut would do for the 2 Josh's games? I agree Willams might be great, but how many 3/4 tweeners can any team use..Another thing to consider, Bogut is double and triple teamed all game, every game, Marvin Williams has yet to see a double team..With Felton, Mccants, and Sean May on the court with him he is free to operate one on one ..

You do not stop all pros but you do make it difficult for them to beat you all by themselves.

Right now we do not make it difficult for anyone. Our post defense is like: here is the lane and just ask if you need me to get out of the way smirk.gif

Oden!

how i'd love to get lucky and get #1 next year...

draft bogut this year

trade al for another 1st pick and get jack

sign dalembert

sign jaric

next offseason draft oden

jaric/jack/ivey

chill/diaw

smoove/donta/chill

bogut/dalembert

oden/dalembert/drobs

06/07 playoffs, baby

maybe sign/draft a sharpshooter for backup sg as well either this year 2nd round or next year

Quote:

look the way i see it is that we should just go ahead and draft marvin. then we lineup with smoove,chill,al,marvin,and a pg. yes there is no typical center, but from what i have seen this year, we play much better when neither okieze,collier,or drob is on the floor. those 4 guys all are tall,athletic,and long. we will not get out rebounded. if anything we will out rebound people. we will present numerous matchup problems on offensive. sure we will get killed by shaq and duncan but cmon, do you guys really expect drafting bogut is gonna help that? we NEED to go with marvin and sign chandler. i really like the defensive chandler brings. we can give him 22 min or so a night and rely on our fowards to set the tone.

This is a joke right? confused.gif