• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

why is Diaw racking up the DNPCD's again?

Weez

anyone know? he seemed to be 'picking it up' on the offensive end (his previous albatross). one would think that with the absence of Harrington, he'd at least sniff some servicable time...

Smoove with a doulbe double tonight. anyone catch the game? thoughts?

Smoove had a rather well game, at one point it looked as if he was the only player on the floor. Diaw would have done great against the team, because the had Dickau and Claxton running the point. Once again Childress and Smoove have switched roles. One of the two has one or two dunks with 7-9 pts. And the other has a 15+ pt game with few highlights. Now only if they could have great games on the same night. It has happened maybe once where both had 19 pt games. Dickau was crying about bad calls. There weren't many highlights on either side other than a reverse behind the head dunk by J.R. Chris Andersen picked up lots of garbage pts. Smoove had his J going exept where he missed two wide open threes at the end, and we lost of course in the 4th quarter.

I was thinking the exact same thing! Why are you giving minutes to a 2ndround rookie in Royal Ivey (who can't run the point) instead of to your former 1strounder Boris Diaw? who at least does a decent job when he get's minutes. I don't care if Billy Knight came on the air tomorrow as says they like Boris Diaw and he is in their future, I would tell him that that is a lie! It's crystal clear that Boris isn't in this team plans for next year or he would be getting minutes. Royal Ivey has no clue on how to run a offensive play so why in the heck is he playing? Sorry but Ivey was a wasted pick IMO. Maybe we will try to package BOris and Tony Delk to get another first rounder? Tony Delk is the Man! that guy can score, score, score. He would come in handy for a playoff team. Suprised the Lakers didn't try to get him earlier in the year instead of getting 2draft picks for Rush. They would still be in the playoff hunt if they had Delk.

I have been asking myself the very same thing, and I'm starting to get pissed. Diaw should be playing if not starting. He has really picked up his aggressiveness and is scoring the ball well when he is in the game. I was starting to get excited about him and Woodson won't play him WTF? I thought he might have been injured until I saw him sitting the pine with his warmups on. I have always been a Diaw fan, and thought if properly coached he could be a very good player, but I think woodson is going to ruin him. IMO nothing Diaw has done on the court warrants him getting no PT, so it has to be something personal between him an woodson.

i disagree re: ivey

i think ivey runs it well and defends it well

our offense flows better when ivey is in than when lue is in

with lue, too many times the ball just goes from lue->player->lue->player->lue and then lue drives in with 3 secs on the clock

with ivey it gets shared more...plus his defense creates fast breaks...

i do agree that diaw should be PLAYING...he's a good player and is really good when he's aggressive, which he was doing last month before benched.

at this point he should be traded, because he will NOT resign here due to no playing time

Man I can't believe you made that statement. The only reason the ball moves around more is because Ivey can't dribble worth a flip. He also has a tendencey to get his pocket picked because he doesn't conceal the ball. His defense didn't look that great last night as Dickau got off his shot when he wanted to do so.

well i've noticed the ball tends to get passed inside for a layup/dunk more often when ivey runs the point than when lue runs the point

82games.com backs me up, too...

ivey's +/- is +8.9..the highest on the team!

we score .6 more points per 100 possessions when he's on the floor

we allow 8.2 less points per 100 possessions when he's on the floor

our fg% goes up (close high % shots) when he's on

the opp's fg% goes down

in fact, EVERY STAT goes up when he's on and the opp's go DOWN when he's on...

except offensive rebounding, just barely, but that's because we make a higher % shots when he's on

our opps get to the line less when he's on the floor...

we do turn it over 2 more times, but they turn it over 4 more times

we commit 1 more foul, but they commit 2 more...

in short, the stats back up what i said about ivey...

You can't compare one guy who might play 35mpg in Lue to a guy like Ivey who might play 10 or 12mpg. Ivey's turnover ratio would probably be much higher if he played more minutes. Ivey might get his teammates involved by passing the ball because like I said he doesn't have the handles or quickness. Lue is more confident in his abilites as a scorer and penetrator than Ivey that is why he doesn't pass it around as much. Did you notice we had a big lead in the game in the 1stquarter until Woodsen sat Tyronn Lue and brought in Ivey? Can your stats explain that? Keep following coach woodsen's plan of giving Ivey minutes over Boris Diaw. The loses will keep piling up. Frankly this is getting embarrasing. What is the record for fewest wins in the NBA season?

I think Ivey does a decent job running the point (especially considering he is a rook selected in the 2nd round) and should be getting more minutes. I also agree Diaw should be getting minutes but at the bu 2 and 3 spots and not at the point. Before Ivey's second injury stint, he was finishing games at the point for us and we were fairly competitive in those games. I am not saying Ivey in the long term answer for our starting point guard issue but IMO he will have a long career as a decent backup point in the Anthony Johnson mode. Diaw should be getting more minutes instead of Delk and Googs. Woodson's substitution patterns bother me and have for most of this year. All of the young guys need PT now.

• Premium Member

Maybe BK has put the word out to PLAY Ivey more to see if we need to draft a PG or if we need to go after a Big Man?

It's possible that BK is thinking D. WIlliams in the draft then picking up a Big man in FAcy..

• Premium Member

Dallas string together 2 really bad years and they got:

Mashburn -93.

Kidd -94.

Philly got Doug Collins -73.

However, Denver got Shafted in the lottery and ended up with Raef Lafrentz...

Quote:

You can't compare one guy who might play 35mpg in Lue to a guy like Ivey who might play 10 or 12mpg. Ivey's turnover ratio would probably be much higher if he played more minutes.

i'm comparing based on watching...but stats (all of them, not just turnover) back me up...minute for minute, possession for possession..

Quote:

Lue is more confident in his abilites as a scorer and penetrator than Ivey that is why he doesn't pass it around as much.

wow...a vet is more confident than a rookie with up-and-down play time?!? what an epiphany!

Quote:

Did you notice we had a big lead in the game in the 1stquarter until Woodsen sat Tyronn Lue and brought in Ivey? Can your stats explain that?

actually, woody took out chill/smoove as well and they came back...

Quote:

Keep following coach woodsen's plan of giving Ivey minutes over Boris Diaw.

if i were coach, i'd give ivey 24mpg and diaw 24mpg...lue isn't our future, so why play him so much

Quote:

The loses will keep piling up. Frankly this is getting embarrasing. What is the record for fewest wins in the NBA season?

yeah, cause we won SO much when the lineup was lue/delk/al/walker/collier and the same with anderson as the pg...

not to mention, have u seen ivey's shot lately? he was nailing them left and right sunday...and again, our defensive intensity heats up when he's on the court...which is why our points allowed goes down 7 per 100 possessions, while our points made only goes up a few tenths...he's better for our defense than our offense over lue, but he's still better cause while he doesn't score as much as lue, he causes the rest of our team to score more

for on/off the last 30 days...

Ivey: +17 !!!

in fact, when he is on the court, we OUTSCORE our opps by 4.1, whereas we get outscored by 14.4 when he's off the court

roland rating of 18.6!

lue is -160, btw...we get outscored by 16.7 when he's on, and we OUTSCORE our opps by .5 when he's off

roland rating of -17.1

as far as minutes, he's gotten 25% of total mins during these 30 games, while lue got 59%...