• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rebuilding Plan

hawks1

Hawks need to play the draft right - New Orleans has stated that SF is the position they need and want, but Charlotte has also expressed interest in that position as well as a UNC player. So, trade 1 is as follows:

(if lottery goes according to rankings)

Atlanta Trades: #1 pick, the 1st pick of 2nd Round, and Diaw

Charlotte Trades: #3 pick and #13 pick

Why: Charlotte really wants Marvin Williams, and if they stay at #3, New Orleans will take him. For Atlanta, they will still get Bogut at #3 as New Orleans will take Chris Paul if Williams is gone - so Atlanta picks up an early 1st round pick by accomodating Charlotte with Williams, a player that doesn't fit into Atlanta's lineup with Smooze and Childress; plus, this trade saves Charlotte money as the 2nd round pick is non-guaranteeed, as #13 is 1.5 and guaranteed (Charlotte team building around Okafor and Williams is solid)

Draft: #3 Bogut, #13 D. Williams

Free Agency - go after a big man and a shooter; Dalembert or Chandler; Ray Allen or Michael Redd - have enough money to give 2 max contracts

Lineup

Pg - Deron Williams/Royal Ivey

SG - Ray Allen/Josh Childress/Tony Delk

SF - Al Harrington/Josh Smith/Donta Smith

PF - Sam Dalembert/Josh Smith/Pedrag Drobjnak

C - Andrew Bogut/Sam Dalembert/Jason Collier

This team will have height, length, athleticism, shooting, leadership, youth and veterans.

Thoughts? Only requires 1 definitely reasonable trade and convincing 2 free agents to sign in atlanta (great city for athletes) to max contracts that their respective team does not want to pay that much.

I think you are right about N.O., but I have heard Charlotte really wants Paul..This may be a rare draft that it really doesn't matter if you are 1, 2, or 3 cause you can still get the player you want..Unfortunately, it is very likely a Utah, Portland or maybe even Toronto jumps into the top 2 or 3 and mixes everything up. The only good thing is that we can't go lower than 4th..So we at least have a Deron Williams to grab..You weren't thinking Deron would last to number 13 were you?..No way he drops below 5th or 6th..

I'd do it. I dont think the rest of it would work. Given your guess of Bogut with the 3 pick, more likely we'd get Jack or whichever best point is left. In effect it would make it possible to draft 4 of our core starters in two years. That's hard to beat, and we still have more first rounders coming next year!

I also dont think we'll have as many of last years team around this year. I see something more like this:

Jack, McGinnis, Ivey

Chillz, Kyle Korver

JSmoove, Chillz, Donta, Tskita

Harrington, Stromile Swift

Bogut, Swift, Desagna Diop

We get Korver after scaring Phili into overpaying for Dalembert. We somewhat overpay for Swift but pick up Mcginnis cheap and barely pay anything for two projects in Tskita and Diop. If could get all those players I might still keep Collier or Drob around on IR, probably Collier since I think we have to pay him either way. You can switch Korver for another decent pickup like Flip Murray and Swift for a similar PF/C and we'll be fine. Really I think a shooter would be the most critical pickup for the coming year if we could get Bogut and a point in the draft.

taking josh smith outta the starting lineup is extremely dumb. besides the fact that he has already shown me more than enough to warrant a starting spot and has done things that al will never be able to do, it will ruin his confidence. you could tell at the end of the season he felt very confident and comfartable in his role. the last thing we need to do to is ruin him

Quote:

(if lottery goes according to rankings)

Atlanta Trades: #1 pick, the 1st pick of 2nd Round, and Diaw

Charlotte Trades: #3 pick and #13 pick

Why: Charlotte really wants Marvin Williams

I could still see the Bobcats wanting Bogut.

The draft trade is a good idea, because it gives Atlanta alot of options, and more depth. I'm not sure if I'd want to risk not having Bogut. I see the Hornets not wanting Bogut, but like I said above the Bobcats have interest.

• Premium Member

If the hawks actually do manage to get the first pick in the draft, I might trade for #3 and #13, but there is no way I would give anything more than the first pick for those two. The only way I would add anything else to that trade would be to throw in someone like DRobs or Delk or even our late 2nd rounder and pick up another high second rounder from the bobcats.

Just because we are the hawks does not mean that we should ask for less than what any other team would ask for. All this talk will be moot, however, if the hawks do not get #1 or get #1 and decide Bogut (or possibly someone else) is just too good to pass up.

Also, I seriously doubt that the hawks will pick up Ray Allen (although that would be great) or that Deron will fall to #13. Dally is a possibility, though.

How many times have you ever seen the types of trades you guys discuss in the draft? These trades of draft picks happen once in a blue moon.

If the Hawks get the first pick, then I don't see them trading it because I really don't see many teams who will be willing to give up what it will take to get the pick.

IMO, the Hawks will keep the pick and will decide between Andrew Bogut, Marvin Williams, Chris Paul, and perhaps Gerald Green.