• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did anyone see this article?

KB21

Why must every disagreement on this website be laced with personal attacks?

You make a fine case for our winning 30 games next year (given we make exactly the right moves and given that they work out well, but I don't care for....

"I'm really glad you aren't running the Hawks."

"Anyone who doesn't think....isn't much of a basketball fan."

How can you say I'm not a basketball fan? I post on a basketball forum for the worst team in the NBA nearly every day. You are the one predicting a big year for Kwame and I'm the one who doesn't know basketball?

I am entitled to my opinion, which happens to generally be logical and informed. I would like to see our team be more competitive next year, but I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.

At this point I am not counting on Bogut. I'm expecting Marvin Williams to be drafted by this team. What we have to ask ourselves is how much better a young, unexperienced team of

Lue/rookie PG

Childress

Kwame?

Smith

Williams/Harrington

...is better than our team that had Antoine and Harrington in the front court.

It may be better, but not by 15 games. You are counting on several things to go exactly right next year:

1) Draft Bogut

2) Trade for Jason Williams

3) Trade for Jarret Jack

4) Jack plays well

5) Sign Ray Allen

6) Sign Kwame Brown

7) Brown plays well

The odds are against most of those things occuring. The odds for all of them occuring are virtually nil. It may happen, but you are making predictions for next year based on low probability scenarios. I would rather take my high probability scenario and forecast with it.

Boy did you take that more negative than intended. Was just saying that to say a team with 2 good draft picks, tradable commodities, 2 budding stars (not superstars but stars) and 24 million dollars to spend is a real nice starting place to be in.

Alot of teams in the league would like to be in that spot.

we are in a good starting spot...but that doesn't mean we will be good by next year...it takes years to rebuild correctly

with smoove/chill/al, #2 pick, 25mil+ in cap space, we are in better condition than most 2nd year rebuilding teams, but we still have at least one more, if not 2, years of being on of the worst teams in the league before we are in the playoffs and eventually, hopefully, contending

• Admin

There's no reason at all that this team should be one of the worst teams in the league for the next 2-3 years, UNLESS we do something stupid with our draft picks and money.

After this draft and off season, we should be well on our way to building a winning system and team chemistry. We will still need to add players, sure. But the core of our team should be working more on building chemistry, teamwork and a winning philosophy, rather than simply gathering talent.

i didn't say 2-3 years

i said one more year, if not 2...

that's 1-2 years...BIG difference

i don't expect playoffs this season, so that is why i said next year...and it depends on moves this season and next, along with our pick panning out, smoove/chill's growth, chemistry of the team, etc if we will make the playoffs the next year, which is the "if not 2"

• Premium Member

Usually, I'd say something like, "we gotta give this team time to rebuild. It ain't gonna happen overnight." I'm patient...have to be considering the basketball team I've followed for 20 years.

BUT...

There comes a point in the rebuilding where the team needs to show progress. This team needs to show something next sesaon. Not playoffs, but decent improvement.

We made an excellent trade for Harrington last summer, and we basically got two lottery picks in Smith and Childress. We're adding to that a top 3 lottery pick this year. Harrington/Smith/Childress/(Top 3)...that's talent; and they should show something by late next season.

Nobody expects these guys to post a winning season next year, but Al is a 18 - 20ppg scorer. As rookies Smith and Chill put up like 15/8 near the end of the season. Whoever we pick this year is going to be talented as well. With all that cap space, we should be able to add at least 1 more decent piece. Finishing at the very bottom of the standings next year should be considered a disappointment.

"Boy did you take that more negative than intended. "

It was intended to be just that. "I'm glad you're not running the Hawks. You must not be a baskeball fan." What is that about?

"Was just saying that to say a team with 2 good draft picks, tradable commodities, 2 budding stars (not superstars but stars) and 24 million dollars to spend is a real nice starting place to be in."

That is not what you said. I never said the Hawks were not in a good position, and you know that. I said I don't expect them to win 30 games next year.

I'm a big boy. My feelings are not hurt. I'm just tired of posters attacking those that they disagree with (not calling anyone in particular out). What makes it worse is that when you are called out for it, you deny that you did it instead of owning up. Be a man and say, 'you know what? I was out of line.'