• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2005-2006 Hawksquawk Hawks.

Diesel

Quote:

please tell me the majority of people on this site don't want Lue to be the starting point guard

Who else is going to play it? Again, this is why we should be going for PG in the draft. No matter how I look at it, drafting M.Williams just does not make sense to me unless we are trading down.

I think if we draft a PG (D.Will, Paul or Felton) and then Stoudamire or Head at #31, then with Ivey we're good at that position for quite a while.

Speaking of which, why are Ivey and D.Smith in the "also" bracket? They ARE Hawks next year unless we buy them out (in which case I'd buy out Collier before either).

Quote:

Quote:

please tell me the majority of people on this site don't want Lue to be the starting point guard

Who else is going to play it? Again, this is why we should be going for PG in the draft. No matter how I look at it, drafting M.Williams just does not make sense to me unless we are trading down.

I think if we draft a PG (D.Will, Paul or Felton) and then Stoudamire or Head at #31, then with Ivey we're good at that position for quite a while.

Speaking of which, why are Ivey and D.Smith in the "also" bracket? They ARE Hawks next year unless we buy them out (in which case I'd buy out Collier before either).

You and Diesel are twins! Here is my question. Who did we draft in the 2nd round or even better did we move up and draft someone.

Seriously, how can you predict our starting liineup without including at least our two 2nd round picks?

This lineup is way to easy to disregard. I know we voted to sign Johson but honestly, if everyone who voted knew we were drafting Marvin do you really think they would do that?

Not me, not in a million years. Have the draft 1st poll then after that is settled .... post the lineup and then pursue free agents. Reason why free agents are not done in the middle of the draft is the draft has a way of changing your team needs.

Gotta real good feeling we would pursue a PG more than Johnson, if we take Marvin and do not draft a PG in the 2nd or aquire a higher pick and get one.

Quote:

You and Diesel are twins! Here is my question. Who did we draft in the 2nd round or even better did we move up and draft someone.

Seriously, how can you predict our starting liineup without including at least our two 2nd round picks?

D@MN man, why do you have it out for me? Didn't you even read my entire post? Not only did I make reference to at least one of this years second round picks...

"...and then Stoudamire or Head at #31..."

...I also commented on our two second rounders from last year only being listed in the "also" category. I was saying that there were flaws; just because there are doesn't mean I'm not going to take part in a discussion and add something to it without take a chop at another poster.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't have it out for you at all. I only called you and Diesel twins because of your fondness for point guards.In your post, your only change is a reference to drafting point guards/guards. I did not think it was a personal insult to be honest with you. I apologize ... OK

• Premium Member

The numbers were overwhelming to sign Johnson and Dalembert as FAs. It was free agent survivor and these two were the two that most Hawksquawk fans wanted.

Also, the numbers were overwhelming to sign Marvin Williams.

We have put together this team, first to see who Hawksquawk wanted...

But it gives you a chance to sit in the GM's chair.

Those who want M Will ought to consider that we don't have a PG on the roster that's signed. Ivey's 2nd yr wasn't guaranteed and I think Delk has eithe a team or a player option...If it's a team option, we might use it and opt out for the cap space?