• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2005-2006 Hawksquawk Hawks. The votes are in...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's how you (Hawksquawk voted)..

Dally/Morris/Drobs

Harrington/Googs

Smith/Williams

Chillz/Johnson

Lue/Diaw/Jack...*

with: Collier/Diop on the IL...

Comments on the Hawks that Hawksquawk voted up?

• Premium Member

Dally/Morris/Drobs

Harrington/Googs

Smith/Williams

Chillz/Johnson

Jack/Diaw/Lue

This is the team that Hawksquawk has put together. Here's what I say:

Marvin Williams shouldn't be picked

Williams is another Sf. He won't even start. A #2 pick (unless you're Detroit) should be a starter on your team. Williams and Smith plays the same position... We can't make either a PF anytime soon.

Johnson shouldn't be picked up in FAcy

Not if we're going to bring him off the bench. I proposed a 6 yr 56 million dollar deal to get him. So.. He and Chillz would have to share the position with Johnson (preferably) coming off the bench.. That makes little sense. It's probably a better idea to go after a cheap SG for that matter.. Either Korver or Frahm or Murray or D. Jones or somebody like that.

Look at the state of our PGs

We're going to war with Jack... And really we have NO way of getting Jack.. NOt really. I put his name on the list as a courtesy... However, he won't be there in the 2nd round. And we haven't configured a trade that would get him. I just thought it was lousy that Hawksquawk picks yeilded us Diaw/Lue as our PGs...

So by picking Marvin Williams and if we were lucky enough to get Johson/Dally..

Our starting 5 could still be:

Lue/Chillz/Smoove/Harrington/Dally...

That's like #2 for nothing.

I know that there will be a string of Harrington trade proposals that will give us #17/#15 or whatever.. However, I have heard BK talk about Harrington in the future... That's something I ever heard him say about JT, Jax, Walker, or Reef... So I don't believe it was him being professional...

I know that Donta Smith wasn't in your poll but it is unrealistic to think we would offer Googs a contract and not pick up the 2ndyear option for Donta Smith. Smith is still raw but is loaded with Potential. It wouldn't matter that much if we didn't pickup Ivey's option but I would be pissed if we didn't give Donta another year to play with this team. Donta Smith should be in the lineup as Smoove's backp.

• Premium Member

Smith was on there...

but I agree.

However, if we pick M. Williams. and the choice was between Donta and Googs.. For some reason, I think we'd take Googs to have one legit pF on the team.

So what are the choices? A personnel problem like "The Nutcracker" Paul?

Or Deron? I was very high on him until I read this: "Illinois guard Deron Williams declined an invitation to the workout. "He was unwilling to go against Nate Robinson," Nash said. - - - The 5-foot-9, 180-pound Robinson created a stir at the 2004 pre-draft camp with his quickness, jumping ability and nearly unstoppable ability to penetrate. Robinson withdrew from the draft last season and the junior helped himself (career-high 16.4 points and 4.5 assists a game) by leading the Washington Huskies to a strong run in the NCAA Tournament.

So if he doesn't have the confidence to compete againt Nate The Great, how will he do against NBA players - - who are taller than him? He may wet himself.

Maybe Ukic should be on top of the PG list.

You've got some good arguments Diesel, but I still vote for Marvin at #2.

yeti

I rechecked the threads with the poll of the Hawks nextyear and the poll where Donta SMith is listed in no one hardly voted in that one. Jarret Jack had the highest number of votes but that was only 3people followed by Donta Smith. I think your polls were too long that by the time they got to that part they were uninterested. I just don't think that the lineup you posted that the majority of the people want next season isn't what it will be come the start of the season.