2B:Ray Durham

SS:D.Jeter

1B:J.Giambi

CF:Bernie Williams

RF:T.Hunter

LF:Ellis Burks

C:J.Pasada

3B:E.Chavez

I'm not quite as sure about American League though.

NL:

C -- Michael Barrett/Expos

1B -- Todd Helton/Rockies

2B -- Jose Vidro/Expos

3B -- Mike Lowell/Marlins

SS -- Jose Hernandez/Brewers

OF -- Barry Bonds/Giants

OF -- Sammy Sosa/Cubs

OF -- Andruw Jones/Braves

AL:

C -- AJ Pierzynski/Twins

1B -- Jim Thome/Indians

2B -- Alphonso Soriano/Yankees

3B -- Shea Hillenbrand/Red Sox

SS -- Alex Rodriguez/Rangers

OF -- Garrett Anderson/Angels

OF -- Ichiro Suzuki/Mariners

OF -- Mike Cameron/Mariners

Whats the roster? Is that your opinion or the official voting leaders? If thats the official voting leaders then there is a MAJOR PROBLEM. No way should Thome be ahead of Giambi at 1st base. I am sorry but if people have a problem with Jason because he took the money and got to play for his boyhood and families favorite team then people need to wake up. Lets compare there seasons this year

In reply to:

Player TEAM POS G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG

1. J Giambi NYY 1B 73 269 49 84 18 0 19 59 159 48 57 0 2 .428 .591 .312

2. J Thome CLE 1B 73 238 36 65 8 1 19 50 132 57 70 0 2 .419 .555 .273

Also, I dont know how many errors Thome has, but Giambi only has one for the entire season so far. Giambi is equal or better in every category except for walks. So, if thats the official roster then thats a damn shame. If thats your opinion, then what makes you think Thome should be ahead of Giambi?

Okay nevermind, I just checked the official balloting so far and Giambi is FAR ahead. Almost double the votes of the 2nd place guy Olerud and almost 3 times ahead of Thome who is in 4th place.

Also, Posada should be the starter at catcher. He is the leading vote getter for catchers and doubly ahead of AJ Pierzynski.

One more thing, why do you have Cameron starting in the outfield? The guy is batting .213 with only 11 homers (and 4 of those came in one game). He is fantastic outfielder defensively, but not enough better than Bernie Williams to warrant being ahead of him when Bernie is batting 103 points higher with only 1 less home run and 100 points higher in on base percentage. Bernie is a great defensive outfielder also considering all the gold gloves he has. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but wow I just cannot see how you came to some of these conclusions.

Hunter is having a great year for the Twins and deserves

to be there.Alex Rod doesn't get in over Derek Jeter because

A-Rod was a loser with Seattle he he hasn't helped Texas

do much better.Jeter makes playoff heroics while A Rod can't

even get there.

Ellis Burks probably shouldn't be there either for me...but as I

said I am not sure about some of the American League teams.

into what a team has done when judging a player. A-Rod damn sure deserves to be there. Jeter is having an average year, but will likely get the nod from Torre. There are too many great shortstops in the American Leauge and thats the way it is.

One thing is certain though, you put way too much into what a team does when judging a player. One player does not a team make. Just like when you diss Reef for not having won anything, you are doing the same thing here. Same thing you did with Nique. Its sad really.

I disagree,Rangers are so bad....nothing Alex does means anything

now.When your out of races for the playoffs it really damages the

importance of what you do.Because it is just paded stats.

Look at KVY...when the Nets were bad he was putting up 20PPG...

but when they are winning he is getting 14PPG.

The arguement more fits NBA than MLB....It's easy to pad stats

in the NBA.

But it's funny how Seattle becomes good when they trade Ken

Griffey and A-Rod is gone.

Players on winning teams should go before players on bad teams.

• Admin

you look at it from the most simplistic perspective possible. Seattle got rid of Griffy and A-rod (along with Randy johnson I might add) and they suddenly became good. SO that must mean that those players suck, they are losers. WRONG. It means that seattle was paying those guys A LOT OF MONEY and were unable to bring in players for the other positions (especially pitching) that was anywhere close to the talent level of those players. What seattle did was trade those high priced players (or sign younger players with the extra money) for a collection of younger, less known players with very high potential and it has paid off for them. There are lots of other teams out there that do this. You get a good player who becomes a star, sometimes you get hamstrung financially and you have to move that star. Some teams make good decisions on what they get and some don't. Seattle made good decisions. It was not the fault of Griffy, A-rod or Johnson.

Baseball is not basketball. There is no stats padding (except maybe stolen bases in blowouts). Other than that the stats are legit. a homerun is a homerun. Pitchers don't give up homeruns just because they have 5 run leads and hitters don't decide "i'm going to get a triple this at bat since we are down by 10". It doesn't work that way. Pitchers do not want to be scored on, EVER. They aren't out there giving up freebies "just because". The same goes for hitters. They are out there trying to get a hit regardless of the situation.

In the NBA one star and a bunch of medicre talent can make you a playoff team, maybe not a champion, but a playoff team. In baseball you need solid players at every spot and a couple of stars, period.

I just feel that when Jeter does something now it is alot

more important that when A-Rod hits a HR.The Rangers

aren't in a playoff race so what does it even matter

what he does?They still aren't going to make the playoffs.