• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Beau Bock's Article

KB21

Quote:

The Atlanta Hawks are Back in the Business of Basketball

Thursday, June 30, 2005

We really suspected the run was done in 1990 when the head coach was a danabelle lookin guy who turned out to be a magician (no not with basketball, but by pulling rabbits out of his hats literally). But we sloughed through two seasons before it was confirmed we were done when danabelle bounced into the Omni Atrium and tried to calm the booing, roucous crowd who were ballistic over the selection of Adam Keefe in the first round.

He held up his hands and giggled sarcastically- "You don't understand," he said, "You don't understand."

Well Adam Keefe was with us for two seasons playing the game like he was pulling a potato plow. And we were done, done, done-

For fifteen years we have been out of the basketball business until Tuesday night.

Could the Atlanta Hawks draft have gone any better? I don't think so...

Don't get me wrong- I'm not prdicting delinious success this season- we do need a center but you don't turn down the draft's best world class athlete. What I am saying is: the Atlanta Hawks are back in the business of basketball. We will be worth the price of admission- going to Phillips will be worth the trip.

Sure there's still work to be done, but we're gonna be throwin a lot of athletic ability at people and that will be fun to watch.

Hey...Atlanta Hawks- welcome home!

Just listening to the radio over the last couple of days, there is a lot of buzz going around about the Hawks basketball team. People are anxious to see Marvin Williams and Josh Smith on the court at the same time.

• Admin

it's amazing how a little radio and tv coverage makes experts and life long fans out of people who couldn't name any of hte players on last years team before Josh Smith won the dunk contest. But it's all good. Now it's up to the team to keep the momentum going and make real fans out of them.

Quote:

it's amazing how a little radio and tv coverage makes experts and life long fans out of people who couldn't name any of hte players on last years team before Josh Smith won the dunk contest. But it's all good. Now it's up to the team to keep the momentum going and make real fans out of them.

I don't think that it is the radio or TV that is bringing people, like myself, back. It is the the moves from the front office. Logic once again reigns. There are many "distant fans" that have been completely disgusted by what had been going on for the past decade and a half. I think that is will become increasingly difficult to find a decent seat at Phillips.

The Hawks are back. Build a team and they will come.

It's gonna take a while to get the "average fan" back but we're moving in the right direction. I don't think that most of them are going to look at anything but the team's record and that's a shame because they'd get a lot more satisfaction from future success if they paid attention to how they're rebuilding.

It's easy for some of these media guys to sit around and bash the current front office because of what their predecessors did so that's what they do. These same “experts” will be driving the band wagon when the team starts to come around (just like the falcons and braves). That's why IMO most don't have any credibility.

Quote:

I don't think that it is the radio or TV that is bringing people, like myself, back. It is the the moves from the front office. Logic once again reigns. There are many "distant fans" that have been completely disgusted by what had been going on for the past decade and a half. I think that is will become increasingly difficult to find a decent seat at Phillips.

True Dat! Good response.