• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you trade Al & Chillz for J.R. Smith?

hotboyj

Man it is really killing me that Marvin more than likely won't be able to start and won't win ROY, I don't want that cocky Aussie to win it.

Along with Chillz seeming more like a sf than sg to me. I mean when you play sf in highschool, and you play small forward in college. Wouldn't it make sense to play small forward in the pros. Usually the only players that have to change position from college to pros are the undersized centers, and the combo guards.

I was looking at this mix on mixmakers.net of J.R. Smith and Josh Smith. It is a really god mix that is 12 minutes long. If you havent seen it there is a link at the bottom of the page.

Now when I was watching the mix I couldn't help but think man we could have drafted Smoove at #6 and J.R. at #17. But BK went for versatility in Chillz.

J.R. is an athlete on the same level as Smoove, has a better shot than Chillz, and plays with toughness. I saw him in the EBC on NBATV and a guy undercut him when he went for the dunk. J.R. got up and pushed the guy about 5 feet, but then security came out. I really don't think Chillz would have done that coming from Stanford.

Now I know Al and Chillz is alot to give up, but first I would see if I could get J.R. for AL and boston/la pick. If not I would give Al and Chillz.

New Orleans would probably do this since they, need to have a good year, or they will lose their already weak fanbase. I don't want Magloire included, since all he cares about is playing for Toronto.

We are in no hurry to win, so why not get the best available talent and go from there. We all see that Al isn't looking like a piece for the future so why not let him go for a guy we ALL can see will at least be a future all-star. Sure Chillz may be a good player, but Chillz will never be a star thanks to his Cali laid back approach to the game. He doesn't do real flashy dunks, he doesn't show much enthusiasm, he is just a good player. Chillz is the get the job done, J.R. is may not get the job done, but look good doing it.

We would have the best 2-3-4 puch out of anyone in the entire league. No one could even come close. We hope and pray we get our big man this year in FACY and our pg next year in the draft.

Things would really be looking up.

Josh Smith & J.R. Smith Mix

ftp://ftp2.nbalife.com/nbalife/BBV-MIX.Sm...lerLife.com.rar

(you will need to download win rar if you already don't have it, and open the file from win RAR)

winRAR download below

http://www.harteker.com/Downloads/Download...File.aspx?id=46

I'm glad I wasn't holding anything sharp when I read this or I would have probably killed myself. I wouldn't even trade Chillz for Jr Smith. We don't need a bunch of HS Slamdunk contest guys on our team. Josh Smith is enough for us to develop. Entertainment is the last thing I'm worried about. I guess no one pays attention to the teams that make it to the NBA Finals every year. The teams that play the game the right way. I probably wouldn't even trade Chillz for Jr Smith and a 1st. I really want to see how Chillz and Josh develop for us. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised in a year or two.

Quote:

Sure Chillz may be a good player, but Chillz will never be a star thanks to his Cali laid back approach to the game. He doesn't do real flashy dunks, he doesn't show much enthusiasm, he is just a good player. Chillz is the get the job done, J.R. is may not get the job done, but look good doing it.

I'm sorry...you've lost your posting rights. Please stop posting now. Seriously..this has to be a joke, what a horrible HORRIBLE way to build a team. If you are even a bit serious, then you are not allowed to post here ever again.

absolutely horrid

chill was better than jr last year, he'll be better than him this year, and he'll be better than him in the future

jr can shoot..that's it

chill can shoot, rebound, pass, steal, be a leader, etc

who cares if chill doesn't do the flashiest dunks? he scores almost as well as jr without even having a shot...wait until he develops one...

i wouldn't do chill/jr straight up, much less al/chill

NO !!!

"I saw him in the EBC on NBATV and a guy undercut him when he went for the dunk. J.R. got up and pushed the guy about 5 feet, but then security came out. I really don't think Chillz would have done that coming from Stanford."

That is EXACTLY why I want Chillz and don't want J.R. on the team even if he comes free. How many fights do you remember MJ, Magic, or Bird getting into? They got hot, but got even on the floor. (IMHO - We don't need a bunch of stupid thugs in the NBA.)

Chill hit 47% FG and 82% FT and 23% 3PT

J.R. hit 39% FG and 69% FT and 29% 3PT

Despite his awkward form, Chill isn't that bad a shooter. I think he's going to be a guy like Marion whose horrible form just works for him and only gets better

Quote:

Chill hit 47% FG and 82% FT and 23% 3PT

J.R. hit 39% FG and 69% FT and 29% 3PT

Despite his awkward form, Chill isn't that bad a shooter. I think he's going to be a guy like Marion whose horrible form just works for him and only gets better

Most of his points came on slashes to the basket, not that horrid jumper. Fact is, Chill is a bad shooter at this point, but he makes up for it with the many other aspects of his game. This is a trade that I would not do. Chill may never be an all-star, i hope he does, but every team needs guys like him that can do more than one thing well.

I know he got a lot of layups, as did JR. But he's not as bad a shooter as people make him out to be. It came along with the rest of his game as the season progressed.

My point was that most picture JR as a shooter because he lit up the McDonalds game, but the stats show a worse FG% and FT%, and an equally bad 3 pt%.

What I am trying to do is bring in the best talent possible. I look at Chillz and see a jack of all trades, master of none.

As far as bird, magic, not getting into fights that is crap, since the only and I do mean only guy in the NBA who is even close to winning a championship and keeps his cool is Tim Duncan.

So just because Shaq has gotten into a few fights you would much rather keep Jason Collier because of his attitude? Hell no.

So why keep Chillz because he has the better attitude?

Chillz came to the Hawks as a player who would be able to come in and start right away. Well that didn't happen. He and Smoove were both inconsistent from night to night. Chillz came in and had the opportunity to start while J.R. got most of his playing time towards the end of the season. First off,

J.R. had more ppg and the same nuber of apg in less playing time, during the regular season.

Now everyone is going to talk about how great Chillz was after the all-star break, but Chillz averaged 38.4 mpg and produced 14.5 ppg. While J.R. averaged 30.3 mpg and produced 14.7 ppg.

Now Chillz may be the better defender, but that is something that can be taught.

You can bash J.R. for making guarantees that don't happen, but at least that shows he has confidence. Something Boris Diaw, and the rest of the Hawks organization could use.

Like I said before we aren't contending for any championships any time soon, so why not get the best talent, and have one more sorry season.

While you may not like J.R. there is no one here that can say that they truly belive that Chillz will become a bigger start than J.R. Not a single person.

Quote:

While you may not like J.R. there is no one here that can say that they truly belive that Chillz will become a bigger start than J.R. Not a single person.

If that is suppose to say "star", I believe Childress will be a better player than JR Smith. I don't think either will be a true star in the sense of a KG or TD, and I think both could end up being all stars. Since when do you get to decide what I think?

There's a reason Chill was drafted #6, JR # 18.

There's a reason Chill was on the all-rookie 2nd team while JR was not.

It's clear from your evaluations that you only value two things: height in centers, flashiness in other players. I would rather have the best team in the league than the flashiest. Chill is the better player.

It doesn't matter where you get drafted. Everyone knows that. Just because Gerald Green got drafted #18 doesn't make him a bad player.

J.R. no doubt should have made at least 2nd team since he was 5th amongst rookies in scoring. Despite his being drafted out of the lotto. Do you want to tell me J.R. Smith isn't as good as Jameer Nelson?

I would much rather this team to be flasy. It is ok to be as boring as the spurs when you win a championship. It isn't ok if you are the worst team in the league.

As far as having tall center goes that is especially not true, when I am one of the few Swift supporters as playing center. If any of you saw Swift dunk on Yao you would know size isn't everything.

It is clearly seen that most of this forum has become attached to Chillz even though most of you bashed BK for passing on Deng/Iggy. When something better comes along in life you take it. You don't pass it up because you already have something there.