• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marbury for Harrington, Delk, Collier???

DarkHawk

Seems like a big piece of info but not many people here seem to want to talk about it. Most will say Marbury is overpaid or that he'd take the ball outta our young core's hands and would be a bad influence.

It wouldnt eat up much of our capspace this year since we'd be trading similar salaries. His contract would be ending about the time we'd need our money to resign our developing core. We really dont need any of the players we'd be giving up, we even have Stoudamire to replace Delk (who I hope opts out anyways). We need a good running PG and some help with outside shooting. We need some veteran leadership. Not sure Marbury is the kinda leadership we need and he's not a great distributor but I'd still make the trade. He'd make us somewhat legitimate fast but hopefully wouldnt hurt us longterm. I dont think NY will do it but you never can tell, they do need to get salaries under control.

Marbury's skills aren't the reason the teams he is on never do well. Attitude is an infectious thing, and his attitude infects the rest of the team. I wouldn't want him because he would be a bad influence on our young guys.

Skills wise though, he's one of only two point guards in the history of the NBA to average 20 ppg and 8 apg for his career. The other point guard is Oscar Robertson.

Remember when Marbury played for the Nets? Remember how the Nets never made the playoffs until the trade for Marbury for Jason Kidd (not sure what team). The Nets were in the playoffs the next year when Kidd was running point.

The point is that Marbury cannot make his team better. He's a shoot first point guard. An upgrade from Jason Terry. I say no to Marbury.

Marbury would be making $21 million when we're trying to resign Childress and Smoove.

He'd essentially eat most of our cap space for the next few seasons. Marbury has played for four teams and traded three times. None of his teams have ever done much and I can't see that changing here. Not to mention how quickly he would probably become a cancer after the losing. Don't want that around the kids.

Quote:

Remember when Marbury played for the Nets? Remember how the Nets never made the playoffs until the trade for Marbury for Jason Kidd (not sure what team). The Nets were in the playoffs the next year when Kidd was running point.

The point is that Marbury cannot make his team better. He's a shoot first point guard. An upgrade from Jason Terry. I say no to Marbury.

Yeah, I guess having a healthy Kenyon Martin, Kerry Kittles, and Keith Van Horn, plus drafting Richard Jefferson, had nothing to do with their playoff run. Marbury gets a bad rap, despite the fact that the Knicks and Suns both made the playoffs while Marbury was there. With that being said, I wouldn't want him because he makes too much money.